Brooklyn Cruise Terminal Parking

Mid43

Good day all, I am inquiring about how available and safe is the parking at the Brooklyn NY Cruise terminal? The website doesn't give you the warm fuzzy's as to availability, basically "there will be spots available when disembarking passengers leave the ship and collect their cars". The concern I have here is that the cruise prior to the one I am considering is a reposition cruise, so there will not be any folks who have their cars parked there.

I have parked many times at Pier 88 (Manhattan Cruise Terminal) and that is never an issue.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Happy Cruising!

We sailed from Manhattan in August 2012 and Brooklyn in October 2017.  Both trips we had plenty of available parking and felt comfortable leaving our vehicles for the duration of the cruise.  Driving was another matter - especially with construction issues in October.

If the prior cruise is a repositioning, then the lot should be fairly empty from the pax that left the lot before that cruise.

Have a great trip!

Thank you pacruise804, appreciate the first hand info.

As you probably know, there are other cruiselines that leave out of Brooklyn, and I am not sure of those schedules.

I know Manhattan has an overflow lot available should the primary get full from the various cruises that leave out of NY.

It sounds like availability will not be a concern, so should I not be able to secure a ride from family/friends, I will know this to be an option.

Thank you all for your taking the time to respond.

• Like 1

Cruised out of Brooklyn in July 2018.  Our experience was you paid in advance and they parked the car, don't know where they actually parked it.  

When we got back gave them the claim check and they brought the car around.

Worked out very well for us.

Whoa... can't say I am actually a fan of them having my car keys while I am away LB_NJ...

Did you use Valet parking?

Do you know if there was a self park option?

From what I was reading on the NY cruise website, it was self parking, and you paid at a kiosk when you returned and handed the paid ticket to an attendant upon leaving...?

I was more concerned about parking space availability.

Thanks for your input!

34 minutes ago, Mid43 said:

Whoa... can't say I am actually a fan of them having my car keys while I am away LB_NJ...

Did you use Valet parking?

Do you know if there was a self park option?

From what I was reading on the NY cruise website, it was self parking, and you paid at a kiosk when you returned and handed the paid ticket to an attendant upon leaving...?

I was more concerned about parking space availability.

Thanks for your input!

I don't know if when I went it was a one-off or the way they normally work.

As far as I know, when I went, having them park the car was the only option.