Cruise Critic Community
Thrak

Waitlist an Excursion???

My wife wants to do an excursion in Alaska during the land portion of our cruise tour next May. However, the excursion is showing as "sold out". Is there a way to wait list an excursion? The excursion is from the Copper River Princess Wilderness Lodge if it makes a difference.

I waitlisted an excursion in Alaska, but I was not fortunate enough to get on it.  I booked an alternate excursion, fortunately, but I was right, the one I wanted (but could not get) was much better.

Sometimes, the Excursion Desk can add another bus if there are enough people waitlisted.

Don't know if this will work for you, but it's worth a try.  It was way easy for me.  I just went to the excursion I wanted.  And, even though it was listed as sold out, I check the boxes for my name and my husbands that I wanted the excursion.  Then the screen showed that we were waitlisted and Princess would notify us by email if the excursion became available for us.  The message also said we would have 24 hours thereafter to book and pay for the excursion.  Hope this helps.

5 hours ago, Regan said:

Don't know if this will work for you, but it's worth a try.  It was way easy for me.  I just went to the excursion I wanted.  And, even though it was listed as sold out, I check the boxes for my name and my husbands that I wanted the excursion.  Then the screen showed that we were waitlisted and Princess would notify us by email if the excursion became available for us.  The message also said we would have 24 hours thereafter to book and pay for the excursion.  Hope this helps.

Thanks but it doesn't work. There are no check boxes and the "Book Now" button has a red circle with a line through it when I place the cursor on it. I'll see if my TA can get me on a wait list.

image.png.d811f8eaacdaef9735c5a505ae45e8b8.png

image.png

Your agent can not waitlist you on that one. I would continue to check on it to see if it opens up in the future.

We were waitlisted for an excursion in Mexico on Ruby in 2016.

After a few weeks it cleared, but at that time we were able to do this through the Personalizer, never had to call.

Easiest way for Princess Lodges is contact the excursion desk at the lodge.  They sell a lot of excursions that are not part of the cruise tour.  Not sure who handles bookings in the winter when lodge and desk are closed, though.

I recently wanted to book a tour that showed it was sold out.

I checked everyday until I saw one of the time slots no longer showed ‘sold out’ and I was able to check my name (my name had always appeared but I was unable to check it). I was then advised that if a position became available I would receive an email and I would have 48 hours to pay for the excursion. I’m still waiting for my email 🤞

I have cleared the waitlist on a Princess excursion. Remember, they are in the business of selling excursions... they want you to tour with them!

Thanks Tracie, that’s what I thought! Just over a week to go, so still time but I just want to get this last thing sorted. 

Which excursion are you trying to get on? One into Wrangell-St. Elias NP? Perhaps you can book something independently though I know Copper Princess can be protective of having independent companies pick up guests on their property.

It won't be available privately and it's still showing as "sold out". I have it on my wait list and check daily.