Cruise Critic Community
Louise245

Noon flight to FLL airport from Port Everglade

We are arriving on HAL Statendam at 7 am on November 10, 2019. I want to book a flight at noon from FLL airport. 

We arrived twice already at that port but did not pay much attention to the process since our flights were in the afternoon.

On Nov 10, beside the Statendam there will be the Zuiderman, the Regal Princess (3,560 passengers) and the Allure of the Sea (5,400 passengers).

is there only one custom for all the ships or are the ships docked at different pier and each pier has its own custom.  Because of the huge ships should I be worry that it will affect the HAL ship?

We are flying out of FLL at 11:25 and I believe there will be 6 ships in port. I was a little concerned but many reassured me that we would have the time.  We plan to self-disembark with our luggage (1st passengers off).  I will let you know how it when 🙂

For an 11:25 flight you need to be at FLL NLT 10:00 - and 9:30 is better with the expected long TSA lines.  With the cab/Uber ride from PE to FLL taking about 15 min, that translates into off the ship with bags and velar of customs/immigration by just after 9:00.  Should not be an issue.  You could even skip carrying your bags off if you get a low number.

Have a great cruise! :classic_cool:

Recent First hand Experience: we arrived Ft Lauderdale on Dec 21 on Silhouette. There were a total of 7 ships in port (about 13400 passengers according to PE website).

We requested an early/low number for departure (sorry but I refuse to drag my own luggage off ship, just not worth it) and our number was scheduled for 8:20AM. My guess is that we were one of the first ships docked that morning because they started disembarkation early. We were called at 7:40AM, found our luggage (must say that they did a great job- all 3 pieces were together on pier and no hunting), got a porter and then through customs to a cab.

We arrived at airport, checked our bags and through security by 8:15 AM. Truly the fastest we have experienced in quite a few years.

PLEASE NOTE: • although I do have the mobile passport app, it did not feel like working that morning but still had no delay

• this was just our experience on this particular day and yours may vary

• our flight was scheduled for 11:04 AM which may be a bit on the early side. When we booked, it was originally scheduled for 11:45 but United changed times - we opted not to ask for the later flight (around 2:00 PM because of previous experience we believed we would be OK)

• your own experience may be very different and I am sure changes every day

• bottom line is that I would be extremely comfortable with a noon flight that time of year

If there are any questions I can answer, please ask away

Jed

Edited by JEDMELK

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 9:26 AM, Louise245 said:

Thank you for sharing your experience 🙂

We disembarked yesterday from the Harmony.  We did self-assist and from the moment we left our cabin to the airport was 1 hr.  It was smooth all the way.  We easily made our flight....which was slightly delayed by the winter storm here in Montreal.  I would a 11:25 AM flight again 

There was a thunderstorm Jan 20 - lightening knocked out power at the port.  Once power was restored, we were able to disembark.  Many folks were unhappy as they had busses, tours, cabs etc waiting for the expected debarkation time.   .

The lack of power caused about an hour delay.  Only complaint was getting info from ship due to the delay (apparently announcements were being made but crowd noise meant one couldn’t hear the announcement).

Be prepared as the unexpected can occur. 

Last cruise - no idea why debarkation caused an hour delay; fortunately we were taking our luggage off with us.  Folks up to number 3 were allowed into baggage claim even though the schedule called for number 15. We’d been given number 24 for disembark (apparently due to our preference of 8:30 departure)

.******

Yes, I did thank the TSA officer for showing up to work! 

Thank for coming back with your experiences. Coming back to Mtl must have been a shock not only the snow, but the cold. 

I feel comfortable with the noon flight. Naturally unexpected events can happen.

Our daughter came back 2 weeks ago from a cruise (HAL) from Fort Lauderdale. They took the latest disembark. They were going to the airport to rent a car and they were at 10:30.They took a porter and skipped the line. We will do that.

Again thank you both.