Cruise Critic Community
OSUcruiser

MCO to Port Canaveral on a Wednesday evening?

We land at MCO on Wednesday evening and are staying at the Port Canaveral  that evening.  What are our options for transportation? 

Obviously we have uber and lyft.   Any other options?   I know we could stay at MCO, but prefer to be at port. 

Thanks!

Rent a car one way, which gives you the flexibility to shop and dine where you want.  All of the car rental agencies in PC/Cocoa Beach will shuttle you to the port after you return the car.

How late do you arrive?  The later your flight the fewer shared shuttle options you'll have - check with Cocoa Beach, Cortrans and others.

11 minutes ago, OSUcruiser said:

We land at MCO on Wednesday evening and are staying at the Port Canaveral  that evening.  What are our options for transportation? 

Obviously we have uber and lyft.   Any other options?   I know we could stay at MCO, but prefer to be at port. 

Thanks!

I have seen Cocoa Beach Shuttle bringing people to the hotel late in the evenings.  

As GTO said, some hotels offer shared shuttles to the Canaveral/Beach area and pricing is actually OK. Which hotel are you using?

6 minutes ago, OSUcruiser said:

Thanks!

We are at country inn at the Port.

Country Inn does not offer airport transportation but they (and other hotels) suggest Smart-Two which will be a private ride (>$100) unless there is another couple with your exact itinerary who can share! Smart-two is a very solid local company.

Coming in at night, I would opt for a private ride or rental regardless. Shared shuttles are few pending bookings and you do not want to wait after arrival when you are tired from traveling. A flight delay will cause havoc with any shared shuttles late at night.

I agree with the Cocoa Beach Shuttle suggestion. There is also 888-transportation, Mears, etc.

I would Uber however!

Okay! I have an email in to Cocoa Beach shuttle. I also looked into a rental, but coming in higher,  so I need to look into that a bit more.

Thanks! 

When do you cruise?  Rental prices fluctuate as much or more than airfare.  Check discounts for AAA, COSTCO, etc. Sometimes the ADS boards such as All Ears post FLA only discount codes.

I'm back and wanted to report back.

Cocoa Beach Shuttles was great!   Our flight into MCO was delayed almost 2 hours.  We landed after 9pm. They were great about adjusting pick up. No problems! 

We did return shuttle from port to MCO with Cortrans. They were great also.  Off ship by 7:30 and at airport around 9am. 

Recommend both companies!

Thanks for the feedback.  Hope the rest of your cruise went smoothly.

thanks for the info about cocoa beach shuttle!  we are using it in a couple weeks both to and from the airport- glad to hear about good experiences!

Nice of you to update how it went. I was going to recommend Cocoa Beach Shuttle, then I saw that you had already taken your trip. We have used them every time we've cruised, and that's been over the course of like 13 years. We've always had good service with them too. For us, we don't want a rental car and the hassle of driving there, returning the car, etc... Especially the times when we come in later in the evening, which we have a few times. That's just us. So we like Cocoa Beach Shuttle for that reason. They also have some of the best prices. I always try to leave reviews for these companies too, it's good for others to know. I'm pretty sure I did it on Trip Advisor.

Just curious, how much was each option and for how many people? We cruise in May.