What does the free WiFi amenity include?

cruisewithbaby

250 minutes of Wi-Fi. You need to diligently log on and log off. To protect yourself, you could use the value of the package to upgrade to an unlimited package. 

This is satellite internet shared hares by the ship’s operations and all of your fellow passengers. It will be very slow compared to your home internet. 

EF7DC313-FB3E-4F1A-B36B-0D5EABCCB6CF.jpeg

6F87B47E-9E48-41E6-96B4-5BA3E9E9C30B.jpeg

Never knew this, so with the 250 minute package I could go unlimited social media, and almost get a $15 refund?

$15 * 7=105 vs $125 for 250 minutes.

Just curious, I would have preferred the social media package anyway.

Yet another point of view:

I previously posted - this may give some guidance in the Internet packaging:

Now about that internet package - go to the internet café and talk with the manager about installing the logon-logoff apt
to your device. Then what ever plan you have use the apt to log on and remember when finished log-off RIGHT-AWAY !

If you have one of the 250 minute perk packages THINK that is only 4 hours and 10 minutes fail to log-off and when you
come back your time is up gone zilch expired and a humiliating one time trip to the café manager who MAY reset the
time back.  Best solution is sign on for the one of the UNLIMITED TIME programs converting your 250 minutes program to
rebate/reduction of the plan - something around $110 dollars or so - then you won't have worry about running out of time
slow reception of emails and other data and you will be good to use the allotted time till you are disembarked off the ship
at the end of the cruise.

Have additional minutes time because you are Platinum use that the first day and on the second day visit the internet
café and getting a better break on the program - ask the internet café manager how this works.

LINK to on board internet packages:

{https://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages/internet-packages}

Note the three unlimited packages - if you are just email texting low stuff go with basic - if you are doing more discuss
the merits of the advanced programs with the manager - streaming video you will probably want to the most expensive plan.

WHAT EVER PLAN - remember to log-off anyway even if you can run the clock out - THINK security !

20 minutes ago, Mikiejag said:

Never knew this, so with the 250 minute package I could go unlimited social media, and almost get a $15 refund?

NCL will not let you do that downgrade. You would have to upgrade to the unlimited package.

2 minutes ago, BDL said:

Can you upgrade prior to sailing or do you have to do it on board?

As far as I know, you have to do it onboard.  I hoped to do it prior to boarding, and take advantage of the discount of getting it online beforehand, but you can't do that.  However, once I boarded, the option was there on my phone to upgrade anyway--I didn't have to speak to anyone to be able to do it.  This was on the Bliss in September.

32 minutes ago, BDL said:

Can you upgrade prior to sailing or do you have to do it on board?

Upgrade onboard for the full retail price of the package. On most ships, when you first register your device, it will give you the option of picking your 250 package or upgrading. 

You create a single logon/password. That can be shared by everyone in your party, just one device at a time. 

No chance of getting a refund!!

5 minutes ago, casofilia said:

No chance of getting a refund!!

Read the first paragraph of the FINE PRINT - only available for the Premium or Basic Unlimited plans (not Social Media).

The free promo perk  internet package asking for a refund would be like cashing out NON-refundable OBC -

not going to happen !