Cruise Critic Community
lvcotatian

Drink Menu on the Oosterdam

Has anyone recently sailed on Holland America's Oosterdam and do you have a drink menu for this ship?  I am trying to decide if I want to buy the drink package and would like to know the costs of drinks.  I would especially like to know what kinds of beers they have onboard.  I like IPA's but will also be happy with a good pale ale.  Also, do you know if the drink package is for the entire ship including the Main Dining Room?  I would love to have wine with dinner.  Any information you can give me would be appreciated.

Edited by lvcotatian
mispelled work.

You can use the SBP or EBP anywhere on the ship there is a point of sale (POS) terminal.   One exception is grabbing a bottle of water as you are leaving the ship for a shore excursion.   There is no POS terminal at the gangway, so you must sign for your bottle of water and it is charged to your room account.   If you are going in a shore excursion the next day, the night before, on your way back to your cabin, grab a bottle or 2 at any bar using your package and store it in your fridge in the cabin.  

Not sure about IPA beers, but all beers on the HAL bar menus are included in the package.   You can use your drink package in the MDR, but not for bottles of wine, just by-the-glass.   The one shortcoming of the regular SBP is it is limited in wine selections under the $9 per glass limit.   If you want a full selection, upgrade to the EBP for $5 per day extra, plus 15%.