3 adults in an inside cabin

babs135

7 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

I just want to wish y’all luck. 

8 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

What ship?

Nothing planned from either a ship or itinerary point of view.  Could well be a very much last minute cruise to anywhere on any ship that fits our time scale.  With regards to 3 adults in an inside cabin; we've done this before (although not on NCL) without much hassle so that doesn't bother us.

The real issue isn't with "what type of bed", it is with overall comfort.

One thing to remember about cabins on a ship: Generally, they are designed for two (2) occupants (double occupancy). Some will have the ability to add a 3rd guest or even a 4th. However, the design is for two.

And while the answer is "Yes, the cabin has beds for more than two", that answer doesn't address the impact on the comfort level of all of the guests in the room.

bench.jpg.8c0ca2e9a1dc79289a1c866734adb51f.jpg

It is somewhat similar to the bench seat in an automobile. Remember them? They were designed for two people: the driver and the passenger. However, we all know that it is possible to squeeze a third person onto a bench seat (and a fourth if they are small enough!). And while that might be do-able for a quick trip to the store or even across town, I don't think anyone would want to put that many people onto the seat for a cross country trip.

4 hours ago, babs135 said:

Nothing planned from either a ship or itinerary point of view.  Could well be a very much last minute cruise to anywhere on any ship that fits our time scale.  With regards to 3 adults in an inside cabin; we've done this before (although not on NCL) without much hassle so that doesn't bother us.

Since you are so flexible- then just wait out for a supplement drop and get 3 cabins.   My style of cruising-  every month.   (haven't paid a supplement yet)   Last minute can be limited for a triple.    

On the escape, i had a room that had a 3rd bed from the ceiling. While nice, the storage for all your clothes and stuff is very limited and it makes me wonder where does the 3rd person put their clothes and stuff

I noticed on both the Escape and Breakaway for inside cabin, storage is very very limited with only one closet and some shelves

Presumably there would be more room if we went for an outside cabin or even pushed the boat out (sorry!!) and paid for a balcony.

Need to know all options because as I said, if we were to book anything it would be last minute - probably within a 10 days time scale. 

On 12/29/2018 at 11:07 PM, Budget Queen said:

Since you are so flexible- then just wait out for a supplement drop and get 3 cabins.   My style of cruising-  every month.   (haven't paid a supplement yet)   Last minute can be limited for a triple.    

winner!

even if there's a mini-suite (2 sinks) with 3rd passenger sails free offer, it'll be cheaper/better to get 3 Insides with no solo supplement.

op- insides will have a pull down from wall bed or a trundle.

Edited by fstuff1

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 4:07 AM, Budget Queen said:

3 cabins! I don't think DH would be very happy if I relegated him to a cabin on his own 🤣

On 12/30/2018 at 10:42 AM, Oakman58 said:

Three in a cabin isn't too bad but adding more can give that congested feeling.

This is reminiscent of my first cruise! Being new to cruising I booked an inside cabin with my husband and TWO TEENAGERS because I got such an amazing deal, lol. It was challenging (the poor room steward), but we still share stories and laugh about it. Certainly wasn't the end of the world, we managed and had an AMAZING time, but I don't think I would do it again!

I have slept three adults to an inside cabin several times.  I find the pullman bed to be comfortable.  The storage on the Jewel-class ships is vastly superior to the Escape or the -away ships.  I would sail three to an inside on the Jewel-class ships without hesitation,  but I don't ever want to on the larger ships again (much smaller shelves and no drawers!).