Weather/Things to Do – Late April

MarieF4861

My daughter and I will visiting Bermuda on a cruise from April 22-23. I have been reading the weather history for this time period and it appears we are not likely to have beach weather. Low 70’s/even high 60’s appear to be the average. On past cruises, we have visited Horseshoe Bay, Warwick Long Bay, Jobson’s Cove, the Crystal Caves, the Swizzle Inn, and have shopped in Hamilton (not impressed) as well as around King’s Wharf, where our ships have always docked. I am looking for some ideas on what we can do on this trip if the weather is not beach-worthy. I am in my 60's and my daughter is in her 30's.  Although I am in good physical shape, I am not one to enjoy things that are adventurous or physically challenging.  Thanks.

A few ideas:

Take the ferry to St. George and do a self-guided walking tour of the town. It's a UNESCO World Heritage Site and Bermuda's first capital.

Take the ferry to Hamilton and then walk or take a taxi to the Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute.

Visit the National Museum of Bermuda, which is located on the Dockyard grounds.

• 1 month later...
On 12/29/2018 at 1:55 PM, njhorseman said:

A few ideas:

Take the ferry to St. George and do a self-guided walking tour of the town. It's a UNESCO World Heritage Site and Bermuda's first capital.

Take the ferry to Hamilton and then walk or take a taxi to the Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute.

Visit the National Museum of Bermuda, which is located on the Dockyard grounds.

We did the Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute last year small but very nice also they have a free shuttle from the dock to the Institute (nice man we tipped him for the ride).

We also do the Museum at the Dock Yard each visit nice grounds pleasant walk worth the time on the day we sail back or our first day both short.

The trip in April we will go back to St. George as it has been several years since we have done this.

Enjoy your trip to lovely Bermuda.

I'm considering whale watching.  We will be there the week after you.  May rent a "car/whatever that thing is" and drive to the southern end of the island to watch for whales on the beach.

Keep in mind that week is at the end of the migration season. Also it is a lot better to do whale watching tour from a boat than a beach. The boat crew that do tours know where to go for best views of whales.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
On 2/2/2019 at 11:06 AM, latebloomer56 said:

We did the Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute last year small but very nice also they have a free shuttle from the dock to the Institute (nice man we tipped him for the ride).

Latebloomer is this shuttle the same as the Bermuda Triangle Tram? I see on the BUEI website that there is a charge for the full circuit on the tram - no mention is made of a free shuttle. As we plan to go to BUEI a shuttle ride one way would be great for us so any info you can share would be much appreciated. 

1 hour ago, lupaglupa said:

Latebloomer is this shuttle the same as the Bermuda Triangle Tram? I see on the BUEI website that there is a charge for the full circuit on the tram - no mention is made of a free shuttle. As we plan to go to BUEI a shuttle ride one way would be great for us so any info you can share would be much appreciated. 

In Aug. we saw BUEI shuttle outside the ferry terminal one other person was on it. I asked the gentleman and he said yes he would be taking visitors back to the center. They do have a tour which there is a charge for but we didn't do that we just tipped him. We had bus passes and could have just hopped on a bus the center is straight down the road. When you exit the ferry onto the main road go right and it's about half an hour walk. It is small but our grandson like it very much he was 8. People there are very nice and it is clean and well run.

• Like 1

In Aug. we saw BUEI shuttle outside the ferry terminal one other person was on it. I asked the gentleman and he said yes he would be taking visitors back to the center. They do have a tour which there is a charge for but we didn't do that we just tipped him. We had bus passes and could have just hopped on a bus the center is straight down the road. When you exit the ferry onto the main road go right and it's about half an hour walk. It is small but our grandson like it very much he was 8. People there are very nice and it is clean and well run.

Front Street is one way, not in the direction of BUEI and the public bus only drops off at the ferry terminal on the way to the bus station, does not pick up there. The closest pick up bus stop would be the bus station which is a ten minute or so walk on Church St. Taking the bus doesn’t really make sense unless you do BUEI coming into Hamilton on a bus from the West End. I walked there when I went, I don’t think it took a half hour. About 15 minutes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Walked about half way back and caught the bus to the terminal for the bus to the Zoo. We walked about 15-20 minutes before a bus came by and we were at a stop so grabbed it. Guess it depends on how fast you walk we were about halfway to the ferry at the time. Nice people on the bus told us stay on don't get off at the ferry because all buses end at the bus station :). Worked out great for us.