Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
LMaxwell

D+ kicked out of CONCIERGE Lounge while onboard

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Boiler plate contract to protect the company doesn't mean cruisers don't board a ship expecting certain amenities and features that they have been told by the company they would have.  Wouldn't you be disappointed if you were told after sitting down in the theater that there won't be a show?  Wouldn't you be disappointed in a non-weather related itinerary change from say a Southern Caribbean cruise to 7 sea days and 3 hours in Nassau?  Just because some blanket statement is put out by a company to protect them legally doesn't make it smart business or the right thing to do to people.  I know you don't understand the difference. 

Sure we would be disappointed. We went to Elton John concert that was cancelled 30 minutes after the scheduled start time because he had an ear ache and couldn’t wear his ear piece. We had our tickets for almost two years. We sat next to a party of 8 whom had flown down from Canada just to see him. These were great tickets, awesome seats, and not cheap. 

 

Still, everyone should know the Terms and Conditions are there, for all to read. My brother, who is Pinnacle, reminded me in the beginning that all things are not always permanent. 

 

Royal has to do something to apease the Suite Guests. We have complained and Royal is listening. Too many times Suite Guests are unable to find room the the lounge. 

 

What would you suggest Royal do?  Leaving things as is, is not the answer. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Based on the C&A Terms and Conditions, what’s deceptive regarding changes to the program. It’s clearly in writing they may change the rules at any time and without notice. 

 

They can change just about anything.  Heck, they can probably close your SL to suite guests if they could book a party in there, or film a movie.  What's to stop that from happening

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

I believe D and D+ will be limited to 3 drinks regardless of venue they go to, so that ought to get people out of lounge sooner and avoid Royal "kicking them out" 

 

 

Good plan. I have suggested limiting drinks in the DL/CL/SL to those not in Suites to reduce crowding. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Sure we would be disappointed. We went to Elton John concert that was cancelled 30 minutes after the scheduled start time because he had an ear ache and couldn’t wear his ear piece. We had our tickets for almost two years. We sat next to a party of 8 whom had flown down from Canada just to see him. These were great tickets, awesome seats, and not cheap. 

 

Still, everyone should know the Terms and Conditions are there, for all to read. My brother, who is Pinnacle, reminded me in the beginning that all things are not always permanent. 

 

Royal has to do something to apease the Suite Guests. We have complained and Royal is listening. Too many times Suite Guests are unable to find room the the lounge. 

 

What would you suggest Royal do?  Leaving things as is, is not the answer. 

Notify people ahead of time.  Not walk up to them when they are already in the lounge and ask them to leave.  Just too tacky!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

 

They can change just about anything.  Heck, they can probably close your SL to suite guests if they could book a party in there, or film a movie.  What's to stop that from happening

Not a thing. 

 

Suite perks are a bit different than C&A perks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MNfamilycruiser said:

Notify people ahead of time.  Not walk up to them when they are already in the lounge and ask them to leave.  Just too tacky!

 

Legend has it they already did this when Diamonds booted from CL years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MNfamilycruiser said:

Notify people ahead of time.  Not walk up to them when they are already in the lounge and ask them to leave.  Just too tacky!

Where in your C&A Terms and Conditions does it say to notify anyone? It’s clear they can and will make changes WITHOUT NOTICE. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Not a thing. 

 

Suite perks are a bit different than C&A perks. 

 

It's my understanding this has already happened.  Kelsey Grammar movie on Harmony and a birthday party on one of the Asia ships if memory serves

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Where in your C&A Terms and Conditions does it say to notify anyone? It’s clear they can and will make changes WITHOUT NOTICE. 

 

Good business practice. Just because you can does not mean you should.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that LMaxwell has everyone all riled up over a single post that  he or she read. (it is like hysteria) But it is fun to read.  I'm not quite sure why LM made a big thing of it, but I guess it obtained the response that they were looking for. If it comes to pass, the guests have no control over it. We haven't really bothered with the lounges for quite a while. D+ would still have the Diamond lounge. <shrug> 

Edited by Coralc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

 

It's my understanding this has already happened.  Kelsey Grammar movie on Harmony and a birthday party on one of the Asia ships if memory serves

Your absolutely correct. If Royal pisses us off enough, we just take our money and go elsewhere or do something different. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Coralc said:

I think that LMaxwell has everyone all riled up over a single post that  he or she read. I'm not quite sure why LM made a big thing of it, but I guess it obtained the response that they were looking for. If it comes to pass, the guests have no control over it. We haven't really bothered with the lounges for quite a while. D+ would still have the Diamond lounge. <shrug> 

I literally reported what I saw on social media.  Why attack me for that?  Not sure why you are making a thing towards me?   Don't trip.  I didn't kick D+ out.  I didn't do it in the most tacky way possible.  I didn't make a FB post with over 200 responses to it.  I simply shared the info here.  

 

Guests always have control.  The loans don't get paid with smiles after all 

Edited by LMaxwell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Good business practice. Just because you can does not mean you should.  

I agree. However, it’s clear on many sailings, Royal should/must do something regarding overwhelming numbers in the Lounges that are shared with Suite Guest. It’s been our experience, Suite Guests don’t on the norm stay during the entire cocktail hour while many C&A members do. Limit the unlimited drinks to non Suite Guests. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Where in your C&A Terms and Conditions does it say to notify anyone? It’s clear they can and will make changes WITHOUT NOTICE. 

Of course they CAN,  that is not the point.   SHOULD they act this way?  What if they decided to change it around and told all suite guests that they no longer had access to the CL - and escorted them out in front of everyone?  I am willing to bet that access to the CL is not a guarantee for anyone at anytime in the Terms and Conditions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not attacking you LM. I am just commenting as have 90 others. So social media reported  something and you copied that here? You obviously had a reaction. And if it was incorrect on social media, it is probably incorrect on here. But, again you obviously had a reaction. So, I don't know what to say.  

 

I am just commenting on the fact that if the lounge situation changes....since many ships have already changed to suite lounges. We will just deal with it, as we already are now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Coralc said:

I think that LMaxwell has everyone all riled up over a single post that  he or she read. (it is like hysteria) But it is fun to read.  I'm not quite sure why LM made a big thing of it, but I guess it obtained the response that they were looking for. If it comes to pass, the guests have no control over it. We haven't really bothered with the lounges for quite a while. D+ would still have the Diamond lounge. <shrug> 

 

Simply not true in this case.  This IS happening on the Rhapsody right now.  This is not "some single post that he read".  I have several friends currently on board the ship, and there is a looooooong thread on this topic on FB. 

 

This is not pot-stirring.  This is true. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Coralc said:

I'm not attacking you LM. I am just commenting as have 90 others. So social media reported  something and you copied that here? You obviously had a reaction. And if it was incorrect on social media, it is probably incorrect on here. But, again you obviously had a reaction. So, I don't know what to say.  

 

 

Yes, I saw it on social media and copied it to here: 

1. Verify this is accurate information being posted on social media

2. Look on CC for corroboration 

3. Not seeing it posted to CC I shared the info I learned and had verified.  

 

It's not incorrect there or here.  

 

I'm sharing information, I have an opinion about how Royal is handling this.  I am not looking for any particular reaction but I do find some of them quite strange. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

 

Simply not true in this case.  This IS happening on the Rhapsody right now.  This is not "some single post that he read".  I have several friends currently on board the ship, and there is a looooooong thread on this topic on FB. 

 

This is not pot-stirring.  This is true. 

Okay, thank you Carol.  Sorry LMaxwell. I am not on FB. My apologies everyone. I am horribly embarrassed . 😞 (well...I'm not really, but I just thought that I would add that part) 

Edited by Coralc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I agree. However, it’s clear on many sailings, Royal should/must do something regarding overwhelming numbers in the Lounges that are shared with Suite Guest. It’s been our experience, Suite Guests don’t on the norm stay during the entire cocktail hour while many C&A members do. Limit the unlimited drinks to non Suite Guests. 

 

If Suite Guests aren't staying, why do they need unlimited drinks?  

 

How do you know the breakdown of people that stay the entire time if you aren't there the entire time?  And how do you know if they are C&A or Suite?  What if they are both?  Seems like you have numbers on nothing, ever, but always have some anecdotal evidence without any logical support.  Things can't be TWO things.  

 

You just seem to get a big kick out of telling everyone that C&A should go downstairs and row while those who can afford a suite should be steering the ship 

Edited by LMaxwell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, MNfamilycruiser said:

Of course they CAN,  that is not the point.   SHOULD they act this way?  What if they decided to change it around and told all suite guests that they no longer had access to the CL - and escorted them out in front of everyone?  I am willing to bet that access to the CL is not a guarantee for anyone at anytime in the Terms and Conditions.

Suites are different than the C&A program but sure, Royal can and has made changes to the Suite Perks. Sure they could use the lounge for anything they choose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Coralc said:

Okay, thank you Carol.  Sorry LMaxwell. I am not on FB. My apologies everyone. I am horribly embarrassed . 😞

No worries, all good.  Imagine how you'd feel if a previously amiable, doting, pretend to be a friend conciege walked up and verbally told you to leave and offered only a completely fabricated BS excuse to support their actions.  THAT would be embarrassing.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

 

If Suite Guests aren't staying, why do they need unlimited drinks?  

 

How do you know the breakdown of people that stay the entire time if you aren't there the entire time?  And how do you know if they are C&A or Suite?  What if they are both?  

 

You just seem to get a big kick out of telling everyone that C&A should go downstairs and row while those who can afford a suite should be steering the ship 

We have never sailed without having the UDP. Most of the Suite Guests we have met, also have the UDP. For one thing, most of the alcohol on the Diamond list is crap. 

 

D+ members don’t have Gold cards unless staying in a Suite. P’s have Gold cards but wear easy to see pins.  It’s relative easy to figure out the majority of cruisers in the CL or SL. 

 

Oasis Class have different cards but still pretty easy to figure out. Just pins and Suites. 

 

I’ve never said anyone should go to steerage. I have no issue if Royal wants to make a P or D+ lounge. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Suites are different than the C&A program but sure, Royal can and has made changes to the Suite Perks. Sure they could use the lounge for anything they choose. 

I am guessing the T&C for both allows them to make whatever changes they want at any time - most are just saying it was very poorly handled.  Our only access to the CL has been through suites - from a relatively objective point of view - this is just BAD customer relations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...