Cruise Critic Community
retiredandloveit

New Orleans Parking

How far is the terminal from the Fulton garage? what was the parking cost? TIA

Not far but don’t think you would want to walk there. The shuttle runs every 15 minutes. They drop you off and pick you up right at the doors to enter the terminal. I think the cost was $13.00 a day but you can check on their web site. We liked the security of the garage and being able to park in a covered area.

Is the "official" port parking not covered?  How much of a savings in the Fulton garage vs the port lot?

I am not sure about the port parking being covered but I believe port parking is around $20.00 a day. Friends recommended Fulton garage to us and we were very pleased with the price and the convenience.

We've used Fulton parking at least 10 times and have never had a problem. Quick shuttle service and they are always waiting on the ship when you return.

Quick question about Fulton garage as we’ve never used it before, but have it booked for this weekend.  Should we try to drop off our luggage at the port before parking, or can we take our luggage with us on the shuttle?  For those that have used it, what’s the most convenient?  Thanks!

Posted (edited)
On 3/29/2019 at 2:24 PM, pcolacruiser said:

Quick question about Fulton garage as we’ve never used it before, but have it booked for this weekend.  Should we try to drop off our luggage at the port before parking, or can we take our luggage with us on the shuttle?  For those that have used it, what’s the most convenient?  Thanks!

I’ve always brought my luggage on the shuttle. But I have read about some who drop their luggage off first. I see the benefit if you have extra time. When you get off the shuttle  the driver unloads all of the bags then one porter collects all of the bags. Sometimes they ask to see everyone’s boarding pass it can be a bit of a delay if your bag is one of the last ones.

Edited by Saint Greg