Cruise Critic Community
Gaybo

CM&V Premium Beverage Package...

On 6/13/2019 at 2:23 AM, Gaybo said:

No problems at Beejay4016. Another point that may be of interest...

The Laundry was operating on AUD$1 coins... (3 for the washer and 1 for the dryer) this was a leftover from the P&O days...

This wasn't immediately obvious and there were many days with limited coins being used. Eventually CMV had some tokens made up (not enough) to replicate the AUD$1 coins and CMV were then charging the onboard accounts with €1 for the tokens... this in turn gave the many whingers, another thing to whine about...

But they were fortunate to have access to a self service laundry as there are very few ships offering this service these days...

Laundry detergent was supplied by pressing a button when starting the machine.

So if I were you, I woud take a roll of Australia $1 coins with me... even if they do manage to change the machines over to Euros when the VDG goes into dry dock in September, you can a spend them on your return home.

That's handy to know, so thanks for the tip. I don't expect we'll need it on our Christmas cruise as it's only a 10 nighter, but I'll make sure I have a few dollar coins with me.

On 6/11/2019 at 6:32 AM, Gaybo said:

Thanks for the info on the drinks (I have been away for a few weeks with limited internet access). I was wondering if the there was a deal for beer such as 15 beers for €xx?

Posted (edited)
On 6/11/2019 at 6:32 AM, Gaybo said:

Oops, double post

Edited by Nang

Just now, Nang said:

Thanks for the info on the drinks (I have been away for a few weeks with limited internet access). I was wondering if the there was a deal for beer such as 15 beers for €xx?

Hi Nang,

No there were no beer deals available on our cruise... except for the 50% off Bitburger towards the end... 

Some lunchtimes, they had buckets of 5 beers for the price of 4... but you couldn't mix the brands... even when they were all priced the same... so we didn't buy them as I was drinking Grolsh & my husband Coronas... best of a bad bunch I'm afraid... 

But...

I think you might be luckier as you may have the German brands leftover... fingers crossed...

When I get home in July... I am still in the UK... I will scan the drink menu that also has the prices we were charged... in Euros...

Cheers Gaybo

On 6/20/2019 at 8:28 PM, Nang said:

Hi Nang,

As promised here is the scanned Bar List & Prices (Euros) that we were charged on the VDG Maiden Voyage - Singapore to Tilbury...

Hope this assists you making a decision...

Cheers Gaybo

CMV VDG Bar Menu001.pdf

2 hours ago, Gaybo said:

Hi Nang,

As promised here is the scanned Bar List & Prices (Euros) that we were charged on the VDG Maiden Voyage - Singapore to Tilbury...

Hope this assists you making a decision...

Cheers Gaybo

CMV VDG Bar Menu001.pdf 16.34 MB · 14 downloads

Hey, thanks for that Gaybo. CMV have announced that Vasco da Gama will have the Aussie dollar as its on board currency so these prices will change. If they do a straight conversion on today's rate the beer will be cheap for a cruise line and cheaper than I can get in any bar in Australia.

Just now, Nang said:

Hey, thanks for that Gaybo. CMV have announced that Vasco da Gama will have the Aussie dollar as its on board currency so these prices will change. If they do a straight conversion on today's rate the beer will be cheap for a cruise line and cheaper than I can get in any bar in Australia.

Hi Nang,

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you but we were also originally told Aust Dollars, then British pounds and it ended up  being Euros...

Hopefully they will have got this straightened out by the time you board... the prices really were pretty good compared to other ships we have been on...

I hope you have a great time as we sure did... despite a few on board that said they didn't... you can't please everyone I guess is true...

Enjoy!...

Cheers Gaybo

22 hours ago, Nang said:

Hi Nang,  On the CMV  Oz web site, If you go to Our ships  -  Vasco - Lesiure facilities You will find both the internet prices, and bar prices in AUD.  Bar Prices you need to click on a button in Lounges.  Hope this helps.  K 

On 7/14/2019 at 1:11 PM, kunnocat said:

Hi Nang,  On the CMV  Oz web site, If you go to Our ships  -  Vasco - Lesiure facilities You will find both the internet prices, and bar prices in AUD.  Bar Prices you need to click on a button in Lounges.  Hope this helps.  K 

So I have been looking for the bar prices for wine and when I go on this site, can't see a list of bar prices there, only the internet prices..am I missing something? Thanks

Rod

34 minutes ago, Rodbarry said:

So I have been looking for the bar prices for wine and when I go on this site, can't see a list of bar prices there, only the internet prices..am I missing something? Thanks

Rod

https://cmvaustralia.com/images/vasco-da-gama_bar_menu-aud.pdf    try this link.  I have wine list somewhere  will have a look

https://www.cruiseandmaritime.com/images/cmv_2018_wine_list_generic.pdf  wine list is in Pounds Sterling

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, kunnocat said:

https://cmvaustralia.com/images/vasco-da-gama_bar_menu-aud.pdf    try this link.  I have wine list somewhere  will have a look

https://www.cruiseandmaritime.com/images/cmv_2018_wine_list_generic.pdf  wine list is in Pounds Sterling

Thank you, were the $ signs on the first link which had the heading Vasco da Gama in Australian dollars or USD? Also is there a service charge added to alcoholic drinks?

Rod

Edited by Rodbarry

4 minutes ago, Rodbarry said:

Thank you, were the $ signs on the first link which had the heading Vasco da Gama in Australian dollars or USD?

Rod

Australian.  If you go to where you found the internet prices,   above that there is a heading for LOUNGES in blue.  Read through that and above the next set of pictures, (Of the lounges) there is a blue link for the Bar Prices.  All in AUD.  Ship doesn't go anywhere near the USA.  Good luck.  K

5 minutes ago, kunnocat said:

Australian.  If you go to where you found the internet prices,   above that there is a heading for LOUNGES in blue.  Read through that and above the next set of pictures, (Of the lounges) there is a blue link for the Bar Prices.  All in AUD.  Ship doesn't go anywhere near the USA.  Good luck.  K

Ah ha thank you found it, but there is no mention of a service fee on top of these prices..do you know if one is added?

Rod

Just now, Rodbarry said:

Ah ha thank you found it, but there is no mention of a service fee on top of these prices..do you know if one is added?

Rod

Nothing added to the prices.   If you mean gratuities, they are included in Drinks packages.  If you mean the extra, the american cruise lines add, then nothing.  I found the drinks package good value.  Depends on what you drink, but I found i needed doubles if buying spirits, otherwise, I must pour them a little heavy at home, as I couldn't taste the spirit.  Wine on the package ok, nothingspecial.   They also sell drinks packages on board. cocktail, beer, and bottled wine packages.   Sorry but don't have prices, and they seem to be decided by the ship at the time.     The bar prices on the list are from the Astors last cruise, there may be a slight increase, but they are similar to the Marco Polo last January in Pounds. K

Just now, kunnocat said:

Nothing added to the prices.   If you mean gratuities, they are included in Drinks packages.  If you mean the extra, the american cruise lines add, then nothing.  I found the drinks package good value.  Depends on what you drink, but I found i needed doubles if buying spirits, otherwise, I must pour them a little heavy at home, as I couldn't taste the spirit.  Wine on the package ok, nothingspecial.   They also sell drinks packages on board. cocktail, beer, and bottled wine packages.   Sorry but don't have prices, and they seem to be decided by the ship at the time.     The bar prices on the list are from the Astors last cruise, there may be a slight increase, but they are similar to the Marco Polo last January in Pounds. K

Ok, I thought the list was the VDG list, but hopefully it's similar....we don't drink enough to buy the drinks package, just a glass of wine with dinner really, maybe a cocktail here and there. So if nothing is added re service charge, then the prices are quite good for us

Thanks

Rod

1 minute ago, Rodbarry said:

Ok, I thought the list was the VDG list, but hopefully it's similar....we don't drink enough to buy the drinks package, just a glass of wine with dinner really, maybe a cocktail here and there. So if nothing is added re service charge, then the prices are quite good for us

Thanks

Rod

I think you are correct re the prices,  I have an old one as well.     How far are you going on the cruise, I am doing Freo to Tilbury.  K

1 hour ago, kunnocat said:

I think you are correct re the prices,  I have an old one as well.     How far are you going on the cruise, I am doing Freo to Tilbury.  K

We're doing London to Sydney in October

Rod

16 hours ago, Rodbarry said:

We're doing London to Sydney in October

Rod

Have a great cruise,  I was booked on that one, but as I had just completed the half world on Sea Princess with much the same ports, I swapped to the Feb 12th from Freo to Tilbury, as I had not done much of the Med.  K 

1 hour ago, kunnocat said:

Have a great cruise,  I was booked on that one, but as I had just completed the half world on Sea Princess with much the same ports, I swapped to the Feb 12th from Freo to Tilbury, as I had not done much of the Med.  K 

Thanks and sure we will love it! Bet you can't wait for your great trip either!

Have a good time

Rod

On 1/3/2019 at 1:58 AM, Gaybo said:

Thank you so much for your reply... I think it will be worth our while to take up the package... We will sign up now with our credit card... Can I also ask you if there are any formal nights on board or is there a need for my husband to bring along a dress suit for dinner or will a sports jacket and nice trousers suffice?

I liked the fact that with the premium package you could get a Latte for 80p!  We just had the drinks on offer and were quite happy with them. 

On 1/3/2019 at 1:58 AM, Gaybo said:

Thank you so much for your reply... I think it will be worth our while to take up the package... We will sign up now with our credit card... Can I also ask you if there are any formal nights on board or is there a need for my husband to bring along a dress suit for dinner or will a sports jacket and nice trousers suffice?

There were 2 formal nights on Magellan but a Sports Jacket and trousers would be adequate.  Most of the other nights very few men wore jackets.  My husband took his tartan trews and kilt jacket for the formal nights and never wore the jacket he took for the in formal nights.