Contacting Princess by phone in Australia

5 hours ago, NSWP said:

Once your military obc bona fides, certificate of service etc are recorded at Princess on your file, it is automatically applied to every booking, believe me.  You are not required to contact them re same.

The system does not always work like that. It works for some cruises booked but not for others. They have admitted having computer system problems which is why I have to ring up from time to time.

6 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

P& O have  Defence Force offers.

P&O Aust give military obc as well as Princess.  HAL does not.  P&O UK only give military obc to UK Citizens.   I had a big drama with P&O UK re military obc,  I served in both British and Australian Armies, however as I am not a UK Citizen,  got it on one cruise, then they changed the rules.

Edited by NSWP

P&O UK have gone all isolationist in the last few years trying to be even more British than what they were in the past. The company used to be much better for Australians and was very popular with world cruises every year and in their peak they had 3 ships coming down here for a world cruise. These days they can only manage to fill up 1 ship for a world cruise. In their case business has gone backwards.

The big issue with calling Princess in Australia is that if you book directly through them and use a Princess holiday planner then you will get the consultants direct number and the direct number to the office, if find you are usually at the top of the list for upgrades even the paid upgrades. The only downside is that if you see a really good offer on the internet and have to grab it online then you cannot use the holiday planner and have to take you chances with the regular call centre. That is a gamble. If the person I had on the phone was in the military they would be booted out extremely fast for incompetence. In the military they expect you to have results before the request is made. A bit different to a civilian workforce.

1 hour ago, Docker123 said:

I tried the cadets for a few weeks. Will someone give me free money for that service?

Military wouldn’t take a crippled up old freak like me, but spent years with Dept of Defence doing the same job as those in uniform (for less $$$) but that doesn’t count either.

14 hours ago, Brisbane41 said:

That is a gamble. If the person I had on the phone was in the military they would be booted out extremely fast for incompetence. In the military they expect you to have results before the request is made. A bit different to a civilian workforce.

Perhaps different from expectations in some private businesses like bus driving, but the same if not greater expectations apply in other civilian workforces.

33 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

... just as if I changed my screen names many would spot my by the typos, the tone, the language used etc

Not to mention the penchant for pies and apple turnovers. We all have our identifiable characteristics 🙂

Anyway, I trust we all can resume normal transmission & that we are all here and best friends when i return from our cruise - we fly to Christchurch Sat morning for our self-drive land tour before Radiance on 24th Jan.

Cheers

Edited by mr walker
typo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Not to mention the penchant for pies and apple turnovers. We all have our identifiable characteristics 🙂

Anyway, I trust we all can resume normal transmission & that we are all here and best friends when i return from our cruise - we fly to Christchurch Sat morning for our self-drive land tour before Radiance on 24th Jan.

Cheers

Enjoy your cruise

28 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Cheers

So you will be back in Sydney on the 3rd Feb..come and say hello when you get collect your luggage .Just ask for Benjo, I will be somewhere in the baggage hall(s)

4 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

So you will be back in Sydney on the 3rd Feb..come and say hello when you get collect your luggage .Just ask for Benjo, I will be somewhere in the baggage hall(s)

Yes, will do - it will be good to catch up. My Mum still talks of the red carpet treatment you gave her at check-in in 2015 for her 80th birthday cruise 🙂

It will just be Tracey & me this time, returning from the Shaky Isles, perhaps a little heavier and poorer :classic_smile: See you then.

3 hours ago, mr walker said:

Yes, will do - it will be good to catch up. My Mum still talks of the red carpet treatment you gave her at check-in in 2015 for her 80th birthday cruise 🙂

It will just be Tracey & me this time, returning from the Shaky Isles, perhaps a little heavier and poorer :classic_smile: See you then.

Ahhh have seen mention of the red carpet for a while.

18 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

18 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Is it still used ?  But not for Princess?HAL.  Was not even there for QM2 couple of years ago.  RCI/Celebrity job only.

27 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Is it still used ?  But not for Princess?HAL.  Was not even there for QM2 couple of years ago.  RCI/Celebrity job only.

Celebrity Rccl only, got lost during Ye great renovations I understood

2 hours ago, Brisbane41 said:

They probably could not be bothered about peoples renovations at all.

Hey Gut..don't you love it when people comment on things that  they know nothing about.....and never will...............just for the  "spethiul" people :classic_biggrin:

3 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Celebrity Rccl only, got lost during Ye great renovations I understood

Hey Gut  Does this bring back memories..........many (most) people will never experience this...even if they  have done mores cruises than most of us combined (sorry about the quality of the photo..damn mobile phone cameras)

102.JPG

Edited by gbenjo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, gbenjo said:

Hey Gut  Does this bring back memories..........many (most) people will never experience this...even if they  have done mores cruises than most of us combined (sorry about the quality of the photo..damn mobile phone cameras)

102.JPG

I would be too embarrassed to show my face in public for silly childish gimmicks like that. How embarrassing.

4 hours ago, gbenjo said:

102.JPG

I remember it well.  Perhaps we should have had the Captain come and do some photos with us as well.

52 minutes ago, Brisbane41 said:

I would be too embarrassed to show my face in public for silly childish gimmicks like that. How embarrassing.

Whereas I’m proud to have stood on it, even though I’m not in your exalted league of cruise numbers.