Cruise Critic Community
doone

Koningsdam -Mariner Luncheon

its been a while since I have attended the Mariner Luncheon, I am hoping to on our upcoming Koningsdam cruise.  Just curious, anyone know when the luncheon is held on the Koningsdam?  I have a few new HAL cruisers with us, would they be able to join me at the luncheon or not?

thanks, 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, doone said:

its been a while since I have attended the Mariner Luncheon, I am hoping to on our upcoming Koningsdam cruise.  Just curious, anyone know when the luncheon is held on the Koningsdam?  I have a few new HAL cruisers with us, would they be able to join me at the luncheon or not?

thanks, 

For the 11-Day cruises, the Mariner's Luncheon is split over the first two sea days.  I am sure you could sneek your friends in but they will not be invited.  FWIW the food in the Lido Market is better than the choices for the Mariner's Luncheon

Edited by Crew News

Yes the Mariners lunch is same for every one with  a couple of  selections & a glass of bubbly 

Posted (edited)

The "Mariner" luncheon is for "Mariners".  Not that it is special or anything, but that's the way it is.

Edited by taxmantoo

The Luncheon is for 1 Star Mariners of higher.

That being said, I do not recall ever having to show my invitation or cruisecard for verification...

On sea days, especially on Pinnacle-class vessels, the Lido Market is a Jungle, so If you want to have a nice lunch with friends, the Mariners Lunch is an option. 

A good alternative is having lunch at the Pinnacle Grill however. 10 USD for a relaxing and quiet experience, opposed to the hectic  and honestly mediocre Mariners Lunch.