Talent show

cheri

Im getting on the Carnival Splendor Feb.2 and I have two questions. Do they still have the talent show for cruisers to try out for and do they have real karaoke or is it the new lip sync. Thank you for your help

As far as I know,  Carnival discontinued the talent show for cruisers on all of their ships ( thank goodness) about 3 or 4 years ago. Karaoke and lip sync are two different things. Most, if not all of the ships, still have karaoke. I'm not sure which, if any, have lip sync nights. Give Carnival a call to find out.

• Thanks 1

Just got off Splendor a couple of weeks ago, and yes, they still have karaoke.  They have a session that all ages can attend and participate, then adults only afterward.  If you like karaoke, listening or singing, you will enjoy the good amount of time spent on karaoke.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As Comiso stated, they do indeed, offer karaoke on all ships, and some ships lots more than some others.  The "LipSync" thingy took the place of the "Talent Show", and in my opinion, is not lip sync at all, but a dancing show.  I've attended it a couple of times, and didn't enjoy it either time.  LOL  I doubt that it will last very long, as I don't think Carnival has the right demographics for that type of show...

"SKY"

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SkyMaster said:

As Comiso stated, they do indeed, offer karaoke on all ships, and some ships lots more than some others.  The "LipSync" thingy took the place of the "Talent Show", and in my opinion, is not lip sync at all, but a dancing show.  I've attended it a couple of times, and didn't enjoy it either time.  LOL  I doubt that it will last very long, as I don't think Carnival has the right demographics for that type of show...

"SKY"

I enjoy the Lip Sync Battle show, but it is pretty much the same each time. I miss the Legends show but I think they ended that due to lack of participation. The past few times i saw it, there were crew members filling in for parts meant for passengers. It's easier for them to find 2 people for a week long participation event. 

• Thanks 1