Cruise Critic Community
Turk1

Waiheke Island Tours

Will be taking cruise to Australia/New Zealand from Feb-early March. Looking for a really good tour company in Auckland for a day tour March 3rd. Wife would like to tour wineries on Waiheke Island. Turning to the experts for recommendations of a good reliable tour company to contact. Any recommendations are appreciated. We get in to Auckland on March 2nd and fly back home on March 4th.

Thanks!

We are just back form our NZ cruise and we did a tour of Waiheke Island using "Waiheke Island Wine & Scenic Tours by Waivino". Their website is http://www.waivino.co.nz/

We arranged our own ferry tickets and were met at the ferry pier by the driver. My wife and I were the only people doing the tour. The driver is also the guide. Visited a few wineries with tastings and finished with lunch at a winery. We thoroughly enjoyed the day. If you have any specific questions, fire away.

Two years ago we terminated our cruise in Auckland and chose to stay one extra night specifically to go to Waiheke.  Took the ferry over and jumped on the Hop on Hop off bus (you'll have to do your own research for the details).  It was just what we wanted, went all the way around the island initially to get a feel for the place, and then got off at 3 different stops which we had decided looked pretty good.  Drop dead gorgeous island, and a very pleasant ferry trip there and back.  The Ho Ho bus hit the spot.

We did a tour with Fullers which operate the ferry  to the island and also do the hop on hop off bus which meets you at the ferry terminal. So our ticket included the ferry over and back plus bus ticket. Love Waiheke. Man o war vineyard is a favourite!  Fullers ferries have a great website with a very informative section on Waiheke and the bus or drive options available. 

We have just got the ferry over and connected with the hoho bus. Timing will be an issue though if only in port for a limited time.

This is what we are planning to do in December right after disembarking, with a night in Auckland before flying back to U.S.  Glad you enjoyed it!

We are doing a viator Food and Wine Tasting Tour of Waiheke in April. It includes the ferry across. My question is how far away is the ferry terminal from the cruise terminal? On a map I brought up it looks like it's right next to the cruise terminal, but it couldn't be that easy could it? 

56 minutes ago, willowshireiniowa said:

. My question is how far away is the ferry terminal from the cruise terminal? On a map I brought up it looks like it's right next to the cruise terminal, but it couldn't be that easy could it? 

Yes..its next door 🙂