Live from the 2019 Grand South America and Antarctica Voyage

Scrapnana

16 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

Thanks for continuing your blog. Will be following until we board the Zaandam on the 30th. Then I'll play catch up later. Say hi to Sherita and both of you have a fantastic journey. --Susie

Thanks, Susie!  I wish you were onboard - you are so good at trivia.  Just hoping there are no artichokes around.😉  I'm hoping to talk Sherita into playing trivia sometimes.

Have a great cruise on Zaandam!

2 hours ago, scluvsrain said:

Hi Susie!

I will post here on this live thread as often as possible too. I’m trying to get my own blog caught up as well. Not an easy thing when I’m 2 months behind.....

i arrived late late last night - my connecting flight in Phoenix was delayed a few hours due to a mechanical problem- we had to wait for a new plane but all’s well that ends well. The airport was jammed last night and I waited about twenty minutes for my Lyft because traffic was at a crawl. I’m at the Embassy Suites down the street from Kathi’s hotel. 

Another of our cruise buddies - Patty - is also here so we walked to the Walgreens  too and did some shopping as well as a trip to Ross and the always-fun Dollar Store. We picked up some school items for the kids at one of our ports in Brazil as well as some party things and some door decorations. Lunch at a burger bar next to Panera was good and gave us a chance to rest after our shopping spree. 

Looking forward to to our group dinner tonight at the Boatyard. 

How do we link to you blog for this cruise.  We are booked for 2020

To all of you going on this voyage have a wonderful cruise.  I will live vicariously through your blogs and posts.

I have a favour to ask.  Would one of you mind posting a copy of the Grand Voyage Activities log sheet for this cruise where HAL lists special events that are happening on the ship such as special dinners, activities and Gala and theme nights?

Much appreciated as I am considering this cruise at some point in the future.

Cheers and Bon Voyage!!

Deb

(and yes - this is my first ever post on Cruise Critic!!)

Edited by debc
Addition

14 minutes ago, debc said:

To all of you going on this voyage have a wonderful cruise.  I will live vicariously through your blogs and posts.

I have a favour to ask.  Would one of you mind posting a copy of the Grand Voyage Activities log sheet for this cruise where HAL lists special events that are happening on the ship such as special dinners, activities and Gala and theme nights?

Cheers and Bon Voyage!!

Deb

If you can wait till the end of the cruise I'll pull it out of the binder and scan it.  Should be more readable that way.

Roy

1 hour ago, debc said:

Cheers and Bon Voyage!!

Deb

Congratulations on your first post.  Join us more often!

I am sure Roy's pictures will be much better but to tide you over, here are some quick shots.

46541849132_16155c2f90_b.jpg

46541848642_8217357007_b.jpg

46541848042_e591c30d72_b.jpg

January 3, 2019

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I had a fairly lazy day.  I slept until almost 11 am to catch up after having only 9 hours of sleep over the previous 48 hours.  I had my Panera bagel for breakfast and then went down to the pool.  I got into a discussion with a lady who lives about an hour away from me who also cruises solo.  She is headed out on Celebrity Reflection tomorrow for three back-to-back cruises.

I was able to get in my half mile swim and had the pool to myself the entire time.  Once again it was a beautiful day.  The low last night was 76F and it was in the mid-80s today but with a nice breeze.  The pool temperature was perfect.

Around 4 pm I walked across the street to get a few things at Walgreens and then came back to get ready for tonight’s dinner.  Our Cruise Critic roll call had set up a dinner at The Boatyard.  We were supposed to have 17 but only 13 showed.  We had a nice room to ourselves.  I had a seafood mac and cheese which was very good.  We broke up just after 8.  Now I have to figure out how to get all my junk into my suitcase but at least I don’t have to worry about the weight!

Busy day tomorrow!

Smooth sailing until next time!

Edited by Scrapnana

Well, we are off and going - we set sail a bit after 7:00 PM. We had waited for a few late passengers from what we heard the captain say during early dinner time. 

I think most of us are busy tonight unpacking. I just finished up and it’s nearly 10:30 PM. 

Orlando Ashford and a gentleman that we believe to have been the Hotel Operations director at Corporate were at the terminal today and posed for pictures with each of us as we got ready to board the ship. I understand that he did not board the Prinsendam but I thought it was pretty awesome for him to be there and wish each of us in person, a great voyage. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, scluvsrain said:

Well, we are off and going - we set sail a bit after 7:00 PM. We had waited for a few late passengers from what we heard the captain say during early dinner time. 

I think most of us are busy tonight unpacking. I just finished up and it’s nearly 10:30 PM. 

Orlando Ashford and a gentleman that we believe to have been the Hotel Operations director at Corporate were at the terminal today and posed for pictures with each of us as we got ready to board the ship. I understand that he did not board the Prinsendam but I thought it was pretty awesome for him to be there and wish each of us in person, a great voyage. 

He is the head of the Mariner’s Society but I cannot remember his name.

My laptop will not let me access any websites saying there is a security threat.  Of course, my blog is typed up on the laptop and I can’t post.  If the problem persists, I will visit the Microsoft Digital Workshop Host tomorrow evening and see if he can change something in my laptop settings.

For now, I am beat and am going to bed!