Live from the 2019 Grand South America and Antarctica Voyage

Scrapnana

Welcome back to floors that don't move under you. It's been a fantastic journey, and I am pleased you chose to share it with us. I loved reading your posts every day.
I wish I could have been on this Grand Voyage, but reading the two reports on CC was the next best thing. Thank you for posting.

16 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

That was quite a lot of knitting.  But I am still curious as to what a "swift" is.

My daughter asked me the same question.  It's a gizmo to hold your yarn so you can wind it into a ball without it getting tangled.  There are a few different types but I am getting one known as an "Amish swift".  It is lightweight and packs up small.

47423413812_f0061b8ff4_o.jpg

16 hours ago, AndreaB said:

Hello Kathi,

Was happy to join you in person for part of your voyage and then vicariously for the rest. Safe travels and welcome home. 

Andrea

And I hope you are enjoying your time back on Prinsendam.  

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your wonderful journey so we could all travel along. My husband and I tried all the trivia questions and we are hoping to join in, for the first time, on our TA in the Fall. It is people like you and your friends who make travelling on a HAL cruise so much fun!! Thank you and can't wait for the World cruise report and more trivia questions!

Hi Kathi,

I really enjoyed your posts/blog. I followed along with your trivia questions and wondered how our last year's WC evening trivia team would have done with these questions. There were some days when I knew most of the answers and then other days where it was a complete bust! lol

Now that you have had a day or two to get settled back into "real life", I wondered if you have had time to reflect on your trip. As I kick into high gear planning for my SA and Antarctica next year, I was curious if there were things you thought were a must do/see and other things that were don't bothers. South Georgia is not on our itinerary and we have 3 fewer days, but most of the other ports are the same. 

Also, did you take any tours through DoRightBrazil? If so, would you recommend them. I have already booked our Falklands excursion through Estancia, to Volunteer Point. Looking forward to seeing the King penguins. Was the smell terrible? lol

Glad you found new friends and reconnected with friends from prior cruises. Hope your WC next year is wonderful. I will be reading your blog again (at least whenever we have wifi available on the Volendam) as we circumnavigate South America. Welcome home again! I am sure these next nine months will fly by for both of us!

Bonnie

Kathi, a question if I may please?

From your posts it sounded like there were no Grand cruise stuff at all for sale?

I really like the Grand sweatshirts as I find they are better quality than the regular HAL stuff and was hoping to snag one on sale.  Oh well.

15 minutes ago, kazu said:

Kathi, a question if I may please?

From your posts it sounded like there were no Grand cruise stuff at all for sale?

I really like the Grand sweatshirts as I find they are better quality than the regular HAL stuff and was hoping to snag one on sale.  Oh well.

You're right about that.  I was also surprised that there was nothing recognizing the Prinsendam's farewell season.  I still occasionally wear my Rotterdam V "The end of an Era" tee shirt.

Roy

8 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

You're right about that.  I was also surprised that there was nothing recognizing the Prinsendam's farewell season.  I still occasionally wear my Rotterdam V "The end of an Era" tee shirt.

Roy

Well, DAM.

Thanks Roy 🙂