Favorite cruise drinks

BigProc

I will be sailing on the Pearl in 10 days with my wife and another couple. When we travel, we like to try new drinks we've never had before.

Besides your standard beers or daiquiris or piña coladas, what are your favorite drinks to order on a cruise? 

7 hours ago, BigProc said:

I will be sailing on the Pearl in 10 days with my wife and another couple. When we travel, we like to try new drinks we've never had before.

Besides your standard beers or daiquiris or piña coladas, what are your favorite drinks to order on a cruise? 

In the morning after breakfast I love to have a Toma. It is a combination of vodka, champagne, lemon and line plus a little something else, but don't remember what. It is sorta like a Memosa but much better. Just don't drink too many. I will add, they aren't as strong as it sounds, and are super refreshing. Hubby like a Moscal Mule but I am not sure I have the spelling right. 

Champagne!

It was very disappointing when we cruised on the Epic and the bartender in the Haven lounge told me that they didn't offered glasses of Champagne. I talked to the beverage manager about it and he said that of course we could buy a glass of Champagne. He also told me that if anyone said no when we tried to order a glass of Champagne we should tell them to contact him.

They said NO in every bar so I always had to tell them to contact the beverage manager and after doing that I could always buy a glass of Champagne!

2 hours ago, katiecat said:

Bushwacker but having to put my own straw in it wont feel complete.

Shame on NCL!

NCL is taking steps to not destroy the oceans we all love sailing on. There is so much plastic waste in the ocean, and many sea creatures die because of it. I was just in Disney and they now use paper straws, and those worked just fine. You can also buy reusable straws on Amazon.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, misslyss1220 said:

NCL is taking steps to not destroy the oceans we all love sailing on. There is so much plastic waste in the ocean, and many sea creatures die because of it. I was just in Disney and they now use paper straws, and those worked just fine. You can also buy reusable straws on Amazon.

I bought my own paper straws but NCL should have had them before doing away with plastic. They shouldn't be selling aquafina in plastic bottles either in my opinion. 

No washing straws for me.

5 hours ago, misslyss1220 said:

I an not anywhere to being an environmentalist but I totally agree with  you. Too many people do not think ahead. it won't affect us or even our grand kids but 100 years from now or sooner our waters will be totally ruined if we don't start making small changes in our lives. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, newmexicoNita said:

I an not anywhere to being an environmentalist but I totally agree with  you. Too many people do not think ahead. it won't affect us or even our grand kids but 100 years from now or sooner our waters will be totally ruined if we don't start making small changes in our lives. 

I totally agree and people forget that we eat the fish that have digested all that plastic so it will ruin us too if we don't stop using it!

• Like 3

I love the Mr. Worldwide (vodka, Pimms, strawberry purée, lemon juice and champagne) and had some great Woodford Old Fashioned cocktails on Epic last month! (Oddly, Woodford Reserve isn’t covered by the beverage package, but the Old Fashioned at Maltings was.)

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, samiam0403 said:

I love the Mr. Worldwide (vodka, Pimms, strawberry purée, lemon juice and champagne) and had some great Woodford Old Fashioned cocktails on Epic last month! (Oddly, Woodford Reserve isn’t covered by the beverage package, but the Old Fashioned at Maltings was.)

Interesting.  I'll have to check that out on my cruise in May.

13 hours ago, Trimone said:

Used to be the Fosters oil can, haven’t seen it for sometime...

It's been 11 or 12 years since my last cruise, and those were always my go-to. Are they not around anymore? 

14 hours ago, newmexicoNita said:

In the morning after breakfast I love to have a Toma. It is a combination of vodka, champagne, lemon and line plus a little something else, but don't remember what. It is sorta like a Memosa but much better. Just don't drink too many. I will add, they aren't as strong as it sounds, and are super refreshing. Hubby like a Moscal Mule but I am not sure I have the spelling right. 

I like a good Moscow Mule, and the Tomas sound tasty. Was it a specific bar you found those at or did they make them for you at the poolside bar? Also, did they serve your DH's Mules in a copper cup or a regular glass? Just curious. 

8 hours ago, islesdave said:

1. Bushwacker

2. Cherry lime-aid - very refreshing

A few people mentioned Bushwhackers. Any idea what's in that? Also, is the cherry limeade an adult drink or is it like a cherry limeade from Sonic? 

1 hour ago, BigProc said:

A few people mentioned Bushwhackers. Any idea what's in that? Also, is the cherry limeade an adult drink or is it like a cherry limeade from Sonic? 

What’s in a Bushwhacker? Pure deliciousness! But in reality, it’s Bailey’s, coffee liquor, almond liquor, chocolate liquor, vodka, rum, and cream of coconut. It’s a delicious, boozy, adult milkshake. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, katiecat said:

I bought my own paper straws but NCL should have had them before doing away with plastic. They shouldn't be selling aquafina in plastic bottles either in my opinion. 

No washing straws for me.

We have reusable straws we purchased on Amazon.  The metal ones are awesome because they keep the drink cold when drinking good through them. I’d recommend you give them a try!

• Like 2