Cruise Critic Community
SnickersSiri

Butler Quesion on Silver Sea Spirit

1.  Do you pay to have your clothing just pressed by giving it to your butler?

2.  How long are you allowed to have an iron in your room to do your own pressing?

3.  Do you have to take your clothing to the laundry facility to iron items?

No iron allowed in your room, just pop along to the nearest laundry room to iron.

I don't take clothes that need ironing so I've never asked the butler to give them to the laundry (he doesn't press them himself) so I don't know that one, but probably yes.

Thanks. Some things don’t need it but some do and since we are trying Packing Cubes for the first time they probably will. 

This is our 3rd SilverSea cruise that we will have done.  Packing is a learning experience when you get new luggage.  Plus want to see how some things work out for our next trip in August to Africa on a land tour.

You fill out a laundry slip & write "Press Only", put it in the laundry bag that will be in the closet & either leave it on the bed for the housekeeper/butler to pick up when they make your suite, or put the bag outside your door for pick-up. That works well for early morning so that you can have it back sooner.  They do charge for pressing if you don't have the free laundry that comes with the ever exciting 100 day level.  Or you can d.i.y. in any of the laundry rooms & count down those days until you're at 100!  Enjoy every minute of your cruise (that's not spent ironing, preferably.)

Thanks Nowornever...

I am a pretty fast ironer so will be okay in the laundry room.  

Now here is another question...those darn paper luggage tags... I have forgotten how they are supposed to go on the luggage.  Their explanation is not very clear...any pictures on line or vidoes anyone knows about???

Worse case they will show us when we arrive at the port...driving down to Ft Lauderdale...4-5 hours away.

13 hours ago, SnickersSiri said:

1.  Do you pay to have your clothing just pressed by giving it to your butler?

2.  How long are you allowed to have an iron in your room to do your own pressing?

3.  Do you have to take your clothing to the laundry facility to iron items?

1) You pay.

2) No irons are allowed in the suite.
3) Yes.  Each floor's laundry room has an iron.

1 hour ago, SnickersSiri said:

Now here is another question...those darn paper luggage tags... I have forgotten how they are supposed to go on the luggage.  Their explanation is not very clear.

Not sure I understand, but on the back side of each luggage tag are very specific written instructions along with a picture showing one how to attach the tag to your luggage.  In addition to the written instructions, there are four arrows with the word "remove" showing exactly what part of the tag you are to remove.  Hope this helps!

Re: darn paper luggage tags - The entire strip is a sticker, with the plastic backing divided in thirds.  Fill out the tag with any information required and thread onto your luggage.  Then remove the plastic backing from the tags at each end of the strip - the thirds at each end - and stick each end together, adhesive side to adhesive side, making a loop around whatever you've threaded the tag onto.  Leave the backing on the middle "third" of the strip so the loop doesn't stick to your luggage.  You're done!

If you are on the Spirit or Moon, go to the laundry rooms on decks 10 or 11 where the Silver suites are.  There is hardly ever anyone using those since laundry is free in a Silver.