Cruise Critic Community

Hi.. would just like to ask is there a kettle in the cabins? ❤️ my tea!! Going on NCL Spirit in 52 days.. can’t wait 😃

1 hour ago, angiemagoo said:

Hi.. would just like to ask is there a kettle in the cabins? ❤️ my tea!! Going on NCL Spirit in 52 days.. can’t wait 😃

There are coffee makers in the rooms (certainly in the balcony rooms) - if you take the filter out, you can get hot water from it which is ok for a cup of tea. They have PG tips in the buffet so either snaffle a handful or take your own 😀

Some cabins have coffee makers.. You are not alowed to bring your own kettle - Sorry 😞

Edited by zqvol

If you intend to use the coffee maker to make tea I suggest that you boil water in it about 5 times so you don't finish up with "teoffee".  Then make your tea.

4 hours ago, angiemagoo said:

Another option is to call room service for a carafe of boiling water and tea bags....

7 hours ago, angiemagoo said:

Nope and like you I love my tea and don't drink coffee.  Coffee drinkers who believe that just running water through the machine will do are wrong...ick.  Cofftea.   Even some hotel buffets haven't clued into this nauseating mix.   I bring my Yeti thermos (other excellent real vacuum type thermos will do also) and fill it up with the hot stuff at the buffet just before retiring for the night.  That way in the morning I have steaming hot water for my morning tea on the balcony while wifey drinks her coffee.

The coffee maker does not get hot enough for tea, they do sometimes have PG tips, which I am not a fan of, bring your own tea and use the boiling water in the buffet. You may think me crazy but I also don’t there are any adequate teas in the US, even British brands seem not the same as Scotland anyway. 

12 minutes ago, ozscotart said:

The coffee maker does not get hot enough for tea, they do sometimes have PG tips, which I am not a fan of, bring your own tea and use the boiling water in the buffet. You may think me crazy but I also don’t there are any adequate teas in the US, even British brands seem not the same as Scotland anyway. 

Bit of a Glengettie fan myself, but it's too dear to purchase often in Canada.  When my father goes on his annual trip to Cardiff I get him to pick up a few boxes.  The packaging plant is only a kilo or two away from where he stays.  And yes, always bring my own bags.

5 minutes ago, Aesop081 said:

Bit of a Glengettie fan myself, but it's too dear to purchase often in Canada.  When my father goes on his annual trip to Cardiff I get him to pick up a few boxes.  The packaging plant is only a kilo or two away from where he stays.  And yes, always bring my own bags.

Thanks for that, I must look out for it when down south, I like Yorkshire Gold myself. Though, there are issues whether you drink it in a hard or soft water area. We were recently in Bath where my Yorkshire Gold didn’t taste the same, Angus pointed out that Yorkshire and Scottish teas are made for soft water and Bath is a hard water area. Bath is very near Cardiff, I wonder if Glengettie is made for hard water ? And is the water hard or soft on ships ?

2 minutes ago, ozscotart said:

Thanks for that, I must look out for it when down south, I like Yorkshire Gold myself. Though, there are issues whether you drink it in a hard or soft water area. We were recently in Bath where my Yorkshire Gold didn’t taste the same, Angus pointed out that Yorkshire and Scottish teas are made for soft water and Bath is a hard water area. Bath is very near Cardiff, I wonder if Glengettie is made for hard water ? And is the water hard or soft on ships ?

I drink Yorkshire Gold over here as my default tea.  Bag and leaf.  Our water hardness is beyond my knowledge but all of the water here is rainfall runoff reservoir water so make of that what you can.  Water on ships...no clue.  Takes me about 2 days to no longer notice the taste.  Just like anywhere I travel.