Nieuw Statendam electrical outlets

greensprout

Cruising next month on our 5th HAL cruise, 14 days B2B Caribbean.  Question for those who have already been on the new ship since christening last month.

What is the status of the electrical outlets beside the bed?   Are there USB ports bedside for phone/tablet charging?  I have a new CPAP that will require a plug in reasonable proximity to the bed.  Do I need to bring an extension cord or are there close outlets that will suffice?

Any input will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by greensprout

There are USB ports beside the bed on both sides. Additionally there is a 115v receptacle on either side of the bed, plus a 230v receptacle and 2 115v receptacles in the vanity / desk mirror, and a couple more USB ports.   You should be fine.   🙂

Scott.      

11 hours ago, greensprout said:

Cruising next month on our 5th HAL cruise, 14 days B2B Caribbean.  Question for those who have already been on the new ship since christening last month.

What is the status of the electrical outlets beside the bed?   Are there USB ports bedside for phone/tablet charging?  I have a new CPAP that will require a plug in reasonable proximity to the bed.  Do I need to bring an extension cord or are there close outlets that will suffice?

Any input will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Am I reading this wrong, or are you asking about a USB powered CPAP? The voltage and current from USB seem awfully low to power a pump and a fan. 

Lots of USB outlets but bringing an AC multi-USB adapter with a fast-charge capability would be a good idea both to charge your phone quicker but to allow several more USB items (earbuds, tablet, mini speaker, etc.) to charge at the same time.

Edited by Crew News

• 4 months later...

There are USB ports beside the bed on both sides on the Koningsdam which is her sister ship.   There also is a 115v receptacle on either side of the bed, plus a 230v receptacle and 2 115v receptacles in the vanity / desk mirror, and a couple more USB ports. My husband and I never had a problem looking to charge anything.   You should be fine.  

On 1/4/2019 at 6:07 PM, Crew News said:

Lots of USB outlets but bringing an AC multi-USB adapter with a fast-charge capability would be a good idea both to charge your phone quicker but to allow several more USB items (earbuds, tablet, mini speaker, etc.) to charge at the same time.

13 minutes ago, NonnaGa said:

There are USB ports beside the bed on both sides on the Koningsdam which is her sister ship.   There also is a 115v receptacle on either side of the bed, plus a 230v receptacle and 2 115v receptacles in the vanity / desk mirror, and a couple more USB ports. My husband and I never had a problem looking to charge anything.   You should be fine.  

I'm with @Crew News, bring an AC multi-USB adapter. Neither the K'dam nor the NS provide enough USB outlets for DW and me, short of us taking turns.