Cruise Critic Community
EntrechatatSea

Excursion Selection Help Please

Greetings,

Cruising May 24th from Vancouver, one-way to Seward.  This is my second cruise to AK, the first was to Glacier Bay with my son on the Princess Ruby as I live in Seattle and it departs from here.  Had so much fun.  I have brain block at this point, no matter how much research I do I cannot seem to form the answers I require.

I have the following excursions booked but really want to know if I am repeating experiences or could eliminate something.  Your infinite knowledge will be most appreciated!

1.  Millennium arrives Juneau at 7 am, have the Sawyer Glacier tour booked with Adventure Bound that departs at 8:15, very close from ship berth,

2.  Skagway Yukon train booked,

3.  Ketchikan George Inlet crab feast booked on our own with bus lodge transport, (69.00 per person) really loved their crab from last cruise, we did the fight plane back to ship that time,

4.  Icy Strait Pt., 3 hour whale watch with small boat, Glacier Wind, and

5.  Seward Major Marine 6 hour Kenai Fjords tour before train departure to Anchorage.

Here are my questions:

We are taking the train from Seward to Anchorage so is the Skagway train really worth it?

Do you think taking the Kenai Fjords tour after taking the Sawyer Glacier tour is worth it?   Are three excursions on the water too many?  My husband gets bored very easily. There is plenty to keep busy in Seward before the train, Exit Glacier, waterfront walks, halibut lunch, etc.

Should we get fresh crab in Icy Strait Point and skip the George Inlet crab feast? I mention Icy Strait as we could use the crab lunch to help fill time there.

Fellow cruisers, what would you eliminate from that list? Or what would you replace with?  

Thank you so VERY much for your time and assistance.

I would suggest posting or having the moderator move this to the Alaska board.

DON