MtnClimber1101

Partial obstructed views on Royal Princess

I'm sure this has been discussed, but I couldn't find a thread.  Could someone please explain what a partial obstructed balcony view means on the Royal Princess?  Does that mean we still have full use of the balcony?  What blocks the views...lifeboats, webbing, ropes?  I don't mind the partial obstruction, as long as we can still use the balcony and be able to see outwards.  

Please help...I have some family members that are concerned with this issue. 

2 minutes ago, MtnClimber1101 said:

I'm sure this has been discussed, but I couldn't find a thread.  Could someone please explain what a partial obstructed balcony view means on the Royal Princess?  Does that mean we still have full use of the balcony?  What blocks the views...lifeboats, webbing, ropes?  I don't mind the partial obstruction, as long as we can still use the balcony and be able to see outwards.  

https://sites.google.com/site/royalregalprincess/home/8-emerald

23 minutes ago, MtnClimber1101 said:

It means the views may be partly obstructed.  The balcony is fully usable. 

See obstructed views here: https://sites.google.com/site/royalregalprincess/

We were in a partially obstructed balcony room on the Royal Princess last year.  Emerald deck, I think it was E405.  As far as we could tell the obstruction was the lifeboat on the deck below - Promenade deck.  We were above the jewellery shop so very quiet location.  No issues with the room or the views.

We have E508 booked on the Regal end of the summer and the Princess Future Cruise person said it was a deluxe balcony with a love-seat size couch and a nice balcony that has a life boat just below. 

Penny

13 minutes ago, Desert Kitty said:

We have E508 booked on the Regal end of the summer and the Princess Future Cruise person said it was a deluxe balcony with a love-seat size couch and a nice balcony that has a life boat just below. 

Penny

I had D508...nice to have the couch & looking down we could see the ocean between 2 lifeboats.  They’re the standard 9’x4’ balconies which was okay for us.

E508 from the link previously provided looking outward between lifeboats.

D5C47749-CF92-425C-8967-B92CB8CCD7F5.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer

2 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

I had D508...nice to have the couch & looking down we could see the ocean between 2 lifeboats.  They’re the standard 9’x4’ balconies which was okay for us.

E508 from the link previously provided:

D5C47749-CF92-425C-8967-B92CB8CCD7F5.jpeg

Thanks, that is very doable

Penny

30 minutes ago, Desert Kitty said:

Penny

they are lovely. We are in E504 this fall. My parents had E502 (non-deluxe) last year, and we were in E332 (deluxe).

IMG_0054 (1).JPG

IMG_0110.JPG

IMG_0117.JPG

I've traveled in E409 and E410.  These are deluxe balcony rooms with NO obstruction at all but sold as obstructed rooms and have large balconies.  The regular balcony (with larger balconies) rooms bordering these are also not obstructed.  They are on the bumpout which accounts for the larger balconies.  There is an outdoor deck one floor below but people rarely use it and when they do, there is rarely loud talking.  

Check out emerald deck on the deck plans and do access this site

https://sites.google.com/site/royalregalprincess/home/8-emerald

Edited by lolane1
addition

We sailed in one on the Royal .  It meant I had to look further out to see the water of the Mediterranean.  If you get a good price these are terrific rooms to take.