Live on Reflection: 14 Nt Exotic Southern Caribbean (Jan 4)

mahdnc

Sun Jan 6, Day 3, Sea Day #2

Nice weather and smooth sailing. Here is today's view:

93106337-6E61-4504-ACBE-4B64D5A7258A.jpeg

And our current position:

B1D07AE9-C6D3-4955-B8B9-55B73A412ACC.jpeg

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 2

On 1/5/2019 at 10:28 AM, phabric said:

I will be following along.

Can you take a picture of the new card they are using?

Although you can imagine it rather easily, here is the new key in action:

Cruise Critic Connections Party, Take Two went very well earlier this afternoon. Celebrity did a nice job in scheduling and executing this make up session.  "Details at 11"

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Have you seen guest relations on the Reflection punching holes in those cards?

We had them on Royal last month.  Holes cannot be punched in those type of cards, it would make them unusable.

18 minutes ago, phabric said:

Many hotels have type of door key

Yes, they do. And many will let you unlock your door with a NFC chip equipped smart phone which is where Celebrity is heading....

Following with interest as we will be on Reflection in the fall for 10 days Ultimate Caribbean, I think its called, very similar itinerary.

I will have lots of questions about your choices in port, we are just beginning to think about that.

Couple of questions and a request for now

Can you post a picture of the Sunset Bar? Is it on the deck with the OVC or on the deck above? We really liked the arrangement on Equinox with a small bar outside the OVC and the larger Sunset on a different deck.

Is there a Slushie Bar on the pool deck, I can't remember the name...

Finally, if you meet or know someone in a suite, I'm interested in knowing how dressed up the ladies in Luminae get on chic nights. We will likely dress up, but I'd like to know if it is common.

Thank you, thank you for taking this time during your vacation, bon voyage!

The Sunset Bar is on Deck 15 and is located right above the OVC. Very nice views of the wake. When our pub crawl was there this afternoon, we had a rain shower that forced us to go one deck below to the sheltered outdoor seating for the OVC where we finished our drinks.

I will get a picture and answers to your other questions later. 

3277A5E9-B6F3-4833-85AA-7F72EEA9BE8F.jpeg

Today's view from the Sunset Bar.....

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

Here is a list of all the restaurants and bars on board. Maybe this will jog your memory. 

None of us remember seeing a slushie bar, but then again we weren't looking for one either. I'll look the next time I'm at the pool. 9AF58CF7-FF3C-4C4C-AC8E-40B604BD4F20.thumb.jpeg.66fb2b573cce5b570ec8e7a043ad834e.jpeg

F348819F-350E-44E3-9DDF-1CED3CA79F0E.jpeg

4 hours ago, DebNJoe said:

We had them on Royal last month.  Holes cannot be punched in those type of cards, it would make them unusable.

I agree, we have also encountered this situation on Royal.  I doubted that the person that responded had actually seen that on the Reflection and was responding based on other experiences.

The make up Cruise Critic party on Sunday was a big success and we have Celebrity to thank for it. They scheduled it for 130p at the Tuscan Grille. 

Free alcoholic beverages and canapes were served which was very much appreciated. We had a very strong  turnout with over 100+ in attendance plus several officers including the Hotel Director and Cruise Director. 

Celebrity worked hard to make sure today's event was a success. And it more than made up for the problems encountered with the first Cruise Critic party.  

Arno took a group photo which he will be posting separately. 

780B9E7B-2C47-4D24-8350-FA103630953E.jpeg

CBF05239-ABBA-4A53-AE11-F7C48D902250.jpeg

12 hours ago, cangelmd said:

Following with interest as we will be on Reflection in the fall for 10 days Ultimate Caribbean, I think its called, very similar itinerary.

I will have lots of questions about your choices in port, we are just beginning to think about that.

Couple of questions and a request for now

Can you post a picture of the Sunset Bar? Is it on the deck with the OVC or on the deck above? We really liked the arrangement on Equinox with a small bar outside the OVC and the larger Sunset on a different deck.

Finally, if you meet or know someone in a suite, I'm interested in knowing how dressed up the ladies in Luminae get on chic nights. We will likely dress up, but I'd like to know if it is common.

Thank you, thank you for taking this time during your vacation, bon voyage!

Unfortunately the Reflection doesn't have the bar outside the OVC like the Eclipse and the Equinox. We love that feature on those ships.  The waiters will get your drinks from the bar inside the OVC or go up to the Sunset Bar (sometimes reluctantly) for them.  The offset is the Reflection has the best selection of specialty restaurants (our opinion).  We just booked the Reflection again for next January with the new promotions (good price and 3 perks).   We are booked on the Edge in April and since air tix for our group are already purchased we couldn't change over to an S-class ship for the dates we need.  After all the hype about the Edge, most of the reviews are negative.  I'll miss the Ensemble lounge and the more intimate feel of the Reflection and others.  Sorry, didn't mean to rant. 

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful cruise!

There are a couple of questions asked that I will try to answer later. 

We arrived in Antigua this morning. Here is the morning view from the ship. 

B179E999-0177-4606-9B0C-1321204C882C.jpeg

This is the port side view from our balcony. The ship is MV Azura. 

DCFAFAC5-8583-4F73-87D7-B6091274EC12.jpeg

Starboard side view from Ocean View Cafe. 

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, cangelmd said:

We are on a 10 night ultimate Caribbean too! Departing 29th Nov.

As someone else has said, no bar behind OVC, on reflection. The sunset bar is different too. It's not against the wall, its round, and seems to be larger to compensate for no bar beneath it. (see below)

Image result for sunset bar reflection

The slushie bar on the Equinox is called 'Slush' and I believe it isn't on the reflection.