Cruise Critic Community
snoopy5386

Availability - what you see is what you get?

We are looking at booking our first RCI cruise this summer and were hoping to get 4 balcony cabins in a row, with 2 connecting. When I look at the RCI website the most we can get is 3 in a row and no connecting. Does RCI put all their availability on their website? Or would I be better off calling and/or looking through a travel agent? 

I would recommend using a travel agent. With that said, adjoining cabins often have different capacities - one cabin is for two people while the other is for three or four. You will not see the three and four people cabins if you're searching for two and vice versa. What sailing are you looking at? I can tell you if there are adjoining balconies available.

Edited by payitforward

The July 20th sailing on Adventure of the Seas. Looking for 2 cabins with 2 persons connecting and 2 cabins for 1 person each all in a row. Putting all 4 of us (2 parents, 2 kids) in one balcony cabin mid-ship seems to not really be an option on the website. Only availability is way far aft and my kids have a tendency to get seasick, so we want mid-ship. 

Other option is 3 balconies in a row and an inside across the hall, but kids are on the young side to sleep alone so we would need to split up parents and kids, not ideal. 

If you want adjoining, the most they have in a row are three cabins. On deck 8, 8360, 8362 and 8364 are available. The next closest cabin is 8372. If you want four in a row without the adjoining, there are some on decks 8 and 9. Most of what I am seeing is aft.

Edited by payitforward

If you wanted to put all four of you in one cabin, I would HIGHLY recommend cabin 1388! It is a corner aft balcony on deck 10. This cabin is WAY bigger than the average balcony! But, the kids would have to share the pull out sofa. ( I actually think there may be enough space to add a twin sized airbed. I can't say with 100% certainty as it's been a year since I had this type of cabin.)

Edited by payitforward

Thank you. I am seeing availability mostly on Deck 9 for balcony cabins, but it seems there are no promenade interior rooms on this deck, is that correct?

Have the deck plan in front of you and call RCI directly.

The Big Box Store travel site shows 9342 - 9348 available, but none are connecting.  Sometimes their inventory shows differently because they have holds on blocks of cabins until close to the sailing date.  Also, 9660-9670 are available, again with no connecting cabins.

21 hours ago, snoopy5386 said:

Thank you. I am seeing availability mostly on Deck 9 for balcony cabins, but it seems there are no promenade interior rooms on this deck, is that correct?

Promenade staterooms are only on decks 6 - 8.