Purchase of duty free alcohol during world voyage

nzstuart51

When we did a number of sectors on a QM2 world voyage last year there were one or two days when guests were able to purchase duty free alcohol from the onboard store and were permitted to immediately take the bottle for consumption in their suite during the remainder of the voyage.

We are booked to do a somewhat similar itinerary this year and was wondering if the same practice is likely to be repeated.

Cheers

Stuart

In November 2017 & 18 we cruised 25 days to the Caribbean. On the first trip the purchase/collection on board happened once. Last year we collected our purchases the day before disembarkation, as is usual.  No logic to be gained here, I am afraid.

I think the world segments have a different policy.On the QE 3 days out of Singapore we were allowed to buy df and take back to the room straight away.I was gutted because we paid thru the nose in a Singapore liquor store. This was last year.

Edited by brian1

Yes, we did a WC segment a few years ago and twice during that time we were able to buy a bottle and take back to our room for consumption.  I think I remember them telling us it was on WC segments that this offer was made, but I have also heard others get it sometimes on longer cruises.