Jump to content

Which Ships in the fleet have had internet upgraded, ala Regal Princess?


Recommended Posts

Just came back from Royal and connectivity was a huge issue, especially after cruising on Regal and being spoiled with good internet access. Are any other ships upgraded yet? 

Thank you for info!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nattie said:

Just came back from Royal and connectivity was a huge issue, especially after cruising on Regal and being spoiled with good internet access. Are any other ships upgraded yet? 

Thank you for info!

So far I only know of the Caribbean and Regal Princess having the new Medallionnet system.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Medallion Net should be available on the Royal in the next couple of months.  They were testing it last month when we were on board.  Until then it will be the same as every other ship except for the Regal & Caribbean.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for replies! I was hoping Coral would get it soon, as I liked the ship a lot and it would be perfect for Alaska, since they have a closed pool. If Royal is getting Medallionnet by summer, than Royal it is :). We did like the ship, just not the internet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

So far I only know of the Caribbean and Regal Princess having the new Medallionnet system.

That’s what their webpage states:  MedallionNet is currently available on Caribbean Princess and Regal Princess ships.

 

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ocean-medallion/

 

We’re sailing B2B cruises on the Royal in Spring & hopefully azbirdmom is correct about it coming in the next couple of months.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2019 at 4:31 PM, nattie said:

Thank you for replies! I was hoping Coral would get it soon, as I liked the ship a lot and it would be perfect for Alaska, since they have a closed pool. If Royal is getting Medallionnet by summer, than Royal it is :). We did like the ship, just not the internet.

The Coral is going to drydock on January 21.  Not sure it will include that, but would be nice.  We are on it in March and can let you know then...  :classic_smile:

Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be interesting to hear from anyone using the new internet services on an AK cruise since they are so far north and may have satellite coverage.  I guess we will have to wait awhile until a ship that has been upgraded does an AK cruise. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...