“LIVE FROM” 2019 Oceania Insignia World Cruise, Jan. 11-July 11

Go-Bucks!

2 hours ago, ilikewhatisgood said:

I'm CURIOUS...

On a world cruise, roughly, what percentage of days you get "good sea days" vs "rough sea days"?

Thank you!

On this trip out of the 24 days so far, we have had 3 or 4 that were kind of rough. Past performance is no guarantee of the future though.

2 hours ago, ilikewhatisgood said:

I'm CURIOUS...

On a world cruise, roughly, what percentage of days you get "good sea days" vs "rough sea days"?

Thank you!

So far, they are all “good sea day’s”, as far as I am concerned.🙂

I am a pretty good “sailor”, and the motion hadn’t affected me in any way...

Edited by bob brown

2 hours ago, palakika said:

Is the jacket you're wearing while lounging on the verandah the one given to ATW folks by O?.  It looks like very stylish!  Cool bracelet you made at crafts.  Is that part of the Artists Loft offerings?

Yes, that's the jacket that O gave us...we also got a hat and a bag.  Very nice colors...I'm glad the jacket is navy instead of white like the hat and bag so it won't show dirt as much.  I like that it has a detachable hood and a bag to keep the jacket in. I've included some pics that show the logo on the jacket and the writing on the sleeve.

The craft classes are not part of the Artist's Loft...they are given every so often in Horizons...there was a very good turnout for it.  There is a new artist-in-residence, Graham Denison, who boarded in LA and Connie said he'll be with us for at least 3 months.  He is holding classes and also has the Loft open for free time so people can work on their projects.  Connie is participating, but since my artwork makes a 2nd grader's artwork look professional, I decided to focus my spare time on other pursuits.  Actually, I brought 4 knitting projects with me....a couple of them are blankets for my 1 year old great-granddaughter and my upcoming great-grandson.

Here are also some pics of my favorite place on the ship...Baristas, where they make me a mean skinny latte each day.  And a look at the balcony today since it's finally warmer and the seas are smooth, plus a pic showing the white lights that we have strung all around the cabin.  Have fake candles on the tables too.

20190203_082455.jpg

20190203_104447.jpg

20190203_104510.jpg

20190203_103736.jpg

20190203_103751.jpg

20190203_103810.jpg

20190203_105329.jpg

20190203_105339.jpg

20190203_105424.jpg

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ilikewhatisgood said:

Our son is a Buckeye. I think I had already told you that. Living in Hilliard now :))

O - H!!

I live VERY close to Hilliard!  Am over there often.  Central Ohio is a great place to live....well, sometimes I'm not so sure of that during the winter, but no worries about it for me this year.  😉

4 minutes ago, palakika said:

Hat and bag look great too.  Love the look of white lights in stateroom.  Candles (battery operated I imagine) must add a nice touch. Is that Titan himself on the back of sofa?

Yep...he likes to hang out on the sofa.

Tailgate party pre Superbowl.😎

Never thought I’d say this, but I miss seeing commercials, especially the Superbowl ones....

A consequence of watching via Youtube satellite instead of CBS.   All we see are the same old “promo’s”, over and over during timeouts...😕

F55A644C-3348-4C61-8B48-84410926E2EF.jpeg

EA8AC28F-8628-4CCF-83E5-15AFE420BAC7.jpeg

We were on a cruise when the Super Bowl happened (I think this was 2008 but don't quote me) and the ship taped it and broadcast it in our rooms the next day.  Since my team won (!) I thought this was great.  Normally I don't care, not being a true fan.

I've seen since reports from others where this has happened, but also quotes where people were very unhappy because they couldn't watch the came.  Perhaps a matter of luck depending on itinerary and other things.

But you can always catch the commercials on Youtube -- in July!

Mura

11 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

We were recently on the REGAL,  which is just now, currently, being outfitted with new beds.

We sailed on the Regal Princess in Nov. 2017 in an Owner's suite and they had just gotten the new beds for all the suites...they were heavenly!  The old Princess beds felt like I was lying on gravel.  Oceania beds are fine, but not as comfortable as Princess.

I would love to see some foodie pictures and reviews on Oceania's current offerings.

Here are some foodie pics....wonderful Waldorf salad from Polo, food and champagne from one of the ATW parties, and food plus desserts from today's Super Bowl tailgate party.

20190131_195949.jpg

20190202_110337.jpg

20190203_140603.jpg

20190203_140626.jpg

20190203_140736.jpg

20190203_140703.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ilikewhatisgood said:

Do you prefer their R ships to the O ships?

We are trying to book our very first Oceania cruise and are debating that... 7 nights only.

Love the O ships.  R ships are O.K.

8 minutes ago, ilikewhatisgood said:

We are trying to book our very first Oceania cruise and are debating that... 7 nights only.

it is  a personal choice 

you may want to scroll through some of the other threads  that discuss the same topic

many people prefer the cozy R ships others prefer  the larger O class ships

we go for the itinerary :classic_biggrin:

33 minutes ago, ilikewhatisgood said:

I've only sailed on Oceania twice (both on Insignia) so I'm not qualified to answer this. One thing I'm enjoying on the R class ship is that you can get anywhere on the ship in 5 minutes or less!  From what I've read on CC, I think I'd love the O class ships too. 

Right now I'm at a cooking demonstration...they're making fresh pasta, herb & cheese filled chicken thighs,  carmelized tiger prawns and fettuccine alla bolognese. Mario, head chef, is so funny!

20190204_110216.jpg

20190204_110221.jpg

• Like 2