“LIVE FROM” 2019 Oceania Insignia World Cruise, Jan. 11-July 11

Go-Bucks!

7 hours ago, The Beach said:

The wedding is on! The happy couple, Judy and I had lunch with the Captain and Amy today.  That was cool in itself but, Bob and Betsy finally decided to get married on the ship.  It will be July 9th, or first sea day after Bermuda.  Marsha and Amy are setting it up in Insigina Lounge and everyone is invited.  We will let you know the time when that is settled on with the ship's schudule. I told them I was putting out the word. We are all as excited as the bride and groom.

bob and betsy.jpg

What great news!!!

A fantastic end to a great cruise...can't wait! What a privilege for all of us to join Bob and Betsy for this joyful celebration...wishing you both many years of blessings!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

To all of you that are leaving the ship and heading home, safe travels. It has been such an honor and joy to accompany you on this amazing trip....a BIG THANK YOU to Go-Bucks! for creating this thread!!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, alaskaca said:

To all of you that are leaving the ship and heading home, safe travels. It has been such an honor and joy to accompany you on this amazing trip....a BIG THANK YOU to Go-Bucks! for creating this thread!!!

Safe travels to all who left!

NYC today...9/11 memorial,  Times Square, lunch at a local diner (have had a craving for meatloaf for 6 months!), a local Greek bakery where Mama's relative is in our Broadway show  (Olaf), and to see the Broadway show "Frozen."

20190705_090037.jpg

20190705_094058.jpg

20190705_092538.jpg

20190705_092719.jpg

20190705_100250.jpg

20190705_102639.jpg

20190705_102607.jpg

20190705_103712.jpg

20190705_104827.jpg

20190705_114107.jpg

20190705_121156.jpg

20190705_124759.jpg

20190705_125601.jpg

20190705_130653.jpg

20190705_134124.jpg

Edited by Go-Bucks!
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, The Beach said:

The wedding is on! The happy couple, Judy and I had lunch with the Captain and Amy today.  That was cool in itself but, Bob and Betsy finally decided to get married on the ship.  It will be July 9th, or first sea day after Bermuda.  Marsha and Amy are setting it up in Insigina Lounge and everyone is invited.  We will let you know the time when that is settled on with the ship's schudule. I told them I was putting out the word. We are all as excited as the bride and groom.

bob and betsy.jpg

What a brilliant film or book this would make.

All the best to you both have been following along and feel I know you.

Enjoy your life together. i will raise a glass to you on the 9th. ( I dont need much persuading )

Edited by jaxw17
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, The Beach said:

bob and betsy.jpg

Exciting, romantic and somehow feeling just right.  

All the best to you both, Bob and Betsy, for many happy years and sailings together.

As a follower of this thread, I humbly and sincerely request that someone post some wedding photos for us to enjoy next week.  

Edited by CintiPam
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I was onboard the Insignia for a luncheon today, and just as I was leaving (around 2PM), I met Bob and Betsy on the pier as they were boarding.  I had met Bob once at a World Ship Society event.   It was great to wish the happy couple much happiness, and to do it in person!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, CintiPam said:

Exciting, romantic and somehow feeling just right.  

All the best to you both, Bob and Betsy, for many happy years and sailings together.

As a follower of this thread, I humbly and sincerely request that someone post some wedding photos for us to enjoy next week.  

I second the request for someone to post some wedding photos for us to enjoy the next week.  I was there for the beginning of the romance and would like to see wedding pictures.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, no fuss travel said:

I second the request for someone to post some wedding photos for us to enjoy the next week.  I was there for the beginning of the romance and would like to see wedding pictures.

Hasn't this just been a unique and wonderful world trekking adventure?!! The passengers have been a great group (worldies AND segmenters!) and have formed a special bond. Most are not on CC, but we've all had a fine time. It's quickly coming to an end for most, although quite a few of us have extended our time on Insignia to include the next 1 or 2 cruises because of how deeply discounted they became after their Cuba itineraries were cancelled and changed to a Western and Eastern Caribbean cruise.

Edited by Go-Bucks!
  • Like 2