“LIVE FROM” 2019 Oceania Insignia World Cruise, Jan. 11-July 11

Go-Bucks!

I am planning an independent tour of Taormina (Messina).  If you are interested, please contact Michela directly, and I would appreciate your letting me know too. Thanks. Here are the details:

Today you are greeted at Messina port and driven to Taormina, where you will have time at leisure to enjoy the town. The Driver will drop off you right outside the pedestrian center of Taormina. You will have around 4 to 5 hours to walk around and visit the main highlights: the pedestrian Corso Umberto, Corvaja palace, the Dome and the the famed Greek-Roman Theatre (Admission Fee: not included). Taormina is a charming village ideal for strolling and window-shopping and with a huge range of bars, cafes and restaurants where you can while away pleasant hours while admiring the views. At the end of your independent tour, meet again your Driver at the agreed location and get back to Messina port.

Cost:

1-2 people euro 85 each

3-4 people euro 75 each

5-8 people euro 50 each

If you find other people interested you can tell them to contact us so we can send them the link to pay directly their part, all they have to do is specify in the object "Taormina on your own June 2"

IMPORTANT:

-  collective round trip transfer from/to Taormina will be provided:

– only transfers at pre-fixed times with air conditioned vehicle & Italian speaking Driver;

– the Driver will not be at your disposal during your visit to Taormina;

– guaranteed with minimum 2 People on the tour.

-----

Michela Nucera

ITALY: Chat and Tour S.r.l. | Tour Operator - Palermo - Via Stefano Turr, 38

USA:  Discovery Italy LLC - New York (NY) - 137W 25th Street  @Voyager HQ

Ph.: (+39) 091 6269 685 (Italy – Head Office) 

Ph.: (+1) 718-473-0803 (calling from USA & CANADA)

Ph.: (+44) 02081336934 (calling from UK)

Ph.: (+61) 0280113849 (calling from AUSTRALIA)

www.tourofsicily.com | E-mail: info@tourofsicily.com

49 minutes ago, decafnights said:

Hi Kaye and Shane,

I am going to separately post about an independent tour of Taormina (Messina) as we have been before and a Jewish tour of northern Israel.  I'm still working on options for Athens and Capri.

Great ! Interested inn Taormina and Athens and Capri - we are already sorted for Isreal - do u have my email from the roll call list ?

44 minutes ago, decafnights said:

I am planning an independent tour of Taormina (Messina).  If you are interested, please contact Michela directly, and I would appreciate your letting me know too. Thanks. Here are the details:

I’ll call them on Tuesday - Holiday here in Australia 🇦🇺 today 

44 minutes ago, decafnights said:

speaking of being spoiled after an ATW....i received an email from another worldie who said that her husband walked into the kitchen the 1st morning back in their home from a 6 months absence and just stood there.

when she asked what the problem was he said "do you remember where the coffee pot is?"

It is those kinds of things that drive you nuts after being away--so many wonderful people took care of us and we got used to it and then we're back into our kitchen and closet and we're pretty much lost!!!

Edited by cbb
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Go-Bucks! said:

As I was cleaning the house today, I realized that it was the last time to do that (or cook, or drive) for 6 months! Crazy....I'm going to be so spoiled.

We'll be staying overnight tomorrow night at an airport hotel since our flight to LA leaves at 6:30am Monday morning.  Then we'll be at the Beverly Wilshire hotel  where O is putting us up. So excited to join all of you.  

Safe flight Lisa.  We fly down to LA on Tuesday, and we are packed now except for a few last minute things.  We have to get up early on Tuesday in order to get through immigration and security at the airport.  See you Wednesday.

• Like 1

Yesterday our wifi was shut down for maintenance, and was not restored until mid day today.  Apparently, there was some complication with the antennae.

Seems to be working better now, than any time since we boarded.😎

Department of correction’s...

I miss-spelled the name of Kris Smith, one of O’s “Artists in residence”, that is aboard to lead us on the ATW Mural project.

My apologogies...

Looking forward to having dinner with Damien Lacroisx, the General Manager, this evening. 

This will be my third invite to “dine with officers”, this cruise.    Always a delight.

Seems to be a frequent occasion to ATW cruiser’s....😎

Besides all of O’s activities, several passenger’s have “stepped up” to lead various special interest activities, such as digital photography, different crafts, and perhaps most ambitious—writing and performing a stage play!🙂

Flew to LA today...smoothest flight I've had in a long time. Got here at 8:15am local time and Oceania had a wonderful car service waiting for us. He was driving a Lincoln Navigator SUV. The freeway was jammed, of course, so he asked if we'd mind taking side streets...we loved that and he narrated a tour for us! The Beverly Wilshire hotel is lovely and service is impeccable. They have a Mercedes and a Rolls Royce as "shuttles" to take us places. Ate lunch at Nate 'n Als deli...delicious! Walked all of the Rodeo Drive stores, then Connie got her hair cut at a salon there. That yellow Rolls Royce was beautiful. We met 4 former Ohioans who love the Buckeyes too. Here are some of our pics.

20190128_062649.jpg

20190128_111639.jpg

20190128_114402.jpg

20190128_124728.jpg

20190128_133333.jpg

20190128_114215.jpg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, bob brown said:

We only got brunch from O, because we were delayed boarding, and missed lunch on the ship in New York...

It's ok...lots of places to eat around here and Starbucks is a block away. We got a nice 3 mile walk today while having fun. Tomorrow we plan to see LA on the HOHO bus. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bob brown said:

The stategy is to save on longer segments, and spend on shorter segments.  But then there  is the risk of them running out of certain items that you might have wanted...

Very true. The stocks will run out the farther you travel from Miami and you don’t know when or if the same item is restocked. The jackets went really fast on our Cuba cruise a few weeks ago, especially the larger sizes.

39 minutes ago, grmmybtty said:

Very true. The stocks will run out the farther you travel from Miami and you don’t know when or if the same item is restocked. The jackets went really fast on our Cuba cruise a few weeks ago, especially the larger sizes.

How did your price’s compare?

Greetings Oceania Insignia ATW & LA-to-Sydney Cruisers  —

Just as a reminder, we will have another MEET & MINGLE, this time for the LA-Sydney segment, in Horizons at 10AM on Thursday, 31 Jan.  (FYI, there are currently no conflicting events on Insignia’s schedule for that day.)

Again, this is a no-host event, so please bring your own name tags, so it will be easier to mingle.  Also, thanks to all those who participated last time following our Miami departure.

Attached is the latest iterations of the CC Roll Call, one prioritized by CC UserName and another by ports.

If you have any corrections, comments, or suggestions please contact me at c.ryan.henry@me.com.  

Best Regards  —  Ryan

- Roll Call (2019-01-29) - names.pdf

- Roll Call (2019-01-29) - ports.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, bob brown said:

How did your price’s compare?

This list looks the same as ours did on 12/27/2018 to 1/11/2019 Miami to NYC on Insignia (the prior cruise to ATW).

You can try things on for size - we were warned that the jackets might run small, but they seemed true to size on a unisex basis (spouse took an XL, which is his regular size. I got the smallest size they had on hand, not tiny but not huge - more or less a ladies' size 6-8).

• Thanks 1