“LIVE FROM” 2019 Oceania Insignia World Cruise, Jan. 11-July 11

Go-Bucks!

A mild request from someone not on this long trip!  When adding a copy to a post that includes a lot of photos (or other detailed info, like the "gold" book) -- could you delete them?  They add so much time to reading a comment when you've already seen that material.

I'm not saying "don't use the quote feature" -- I'm just hoping you can edit out some of it!

And if you don't, no harm ...

Mura

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Mura said:

A mild request from someone not on this long trip!  When adding a copy to a post that includes a lot of photos (or other detailed info, like the "gold" book) -- could you delete them?  They add so much time to reading a comment when you've already seen that material.

I'm not saying "don't use the quote feature" -- I'm just hoping you can edit out some of it!

And if you don't, no harm ...

Mura

Good point!  That would certainly be helpful...🙂

My "journey" will consist of walking to the corner, catch an MTA bus to Forest Hills, then catch the 'R' train to Fifth Avenue-59th Street station....and I'm at The Plaza.    Total time...about 40 minutes.  Total cost...$1.35.  (senior fare).:classic_cool:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

As a dear friend of Bob B, who almost got me to pull the trigger on this cruise, I wish you all the best, most enjoyable, memorable and safest experience over the next six months.  I will be checking in to see the fun. I do have 40 days at sea over the next two months myself and 13 cruises for the year, so I will not be completely envious.  I have sailed on the Insignia and loved it.  Will be on the Insignia after you return on  July 28 for 3 weeks b-2-b as it repos from Miami back to NYC. So very interested in your reports.

Bill 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Books4U said:

As a dear friend of Bob B, who almost got me to pull the trigger on this cruise, I wish you all the best, most enjoyable, memorable and safest experience over the next six months.  I will be checking in to see the fun. I do have 40 days at sea over the next two months myself and 13 cruises for the year, so I will not be completely envious.  I have sailed on the Insignia and loved it.  Will be on the Insignia after you return on  July 28 for 3 weeks b-2-b as it repos from Miami back to NYC. So very interested in your reports.

Bill 

Thanks, Bill...now I have to search for a new trivia partner....if 'O' even has trivia games....:classic_wink::classic_biggrin:

And a very happy good morning, all.   Just finished last breakfast at home.  I started tracking the Insignia on the Marine Traffic site, but she is still "out of range", unless you have the upgraded satellite coverage package.  However, I do believe I see her satellite position, just East of the Outer Banks at approximately 35N, 73W  :classic_cool:

8 hours ago, bob brown said:

Thanks, Bill...now I have to search for a new trivia partner....if 'O' even has trivia games....:classic_wink::classic_biggrin:

Bill -   Yes they do and they are very, very popular,   Leslie Jon, your Cruise Director, does a great job with trivia!   

enjoy....

Joe

Edited by JoePDX
  • Like 1

bob brown,

I'm a veteran of trivia aboard O ships; you need to know that it is a blood sport (to quote Ray Carr) 

He has to constantly remind the players that "folks, you're playing for an O visor here" but many take it VERY seriously.  As soon as the answers have been announced by the CD, out come the smart phones and the bickering begins.  And afterwards it continues into the elevators--I take the stairs.

then if that isn't enough, wait for the 2 doctors in the room to square off on what exactly the question was asking or the 2 lawyers debating a fine point.  At that point, you either just sit back and relax, perhaps grab a drink, and wait for the CD to shut the "discussions" down. 

That said, if you can "prove" your point by going to a reputable source and show the CD that answer then she/he will reward you and your group the extra point--if it makes a difference in the final count for that day.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Two4Sea said:

Just got an email relayed from O via my agent that the ship is delayed by weather and won'dock until 3pm. They hope to start boarding at 4pm, please don't arrive before 3pm.

Bill

😉

38 minutes ago, Two4Sea said:

Just got an email relayed from O via my agent that the ship is delayed by weather and won'dock until 3pm. They hope to start boarding at 4pm, please don't arrive before 3pm.

Bill

Will be thinking good thoughts for all of you boarding in NYC tomorrow....no matter what time it will be.  I'll be having outpatient surgery tomorrow (kidney stone), but will watch the sailaway after I get home.  Please post about boarding, sailaway and any other good info that we can enjoy (pics too, if possible)...hopefully smooth sailing as you go down to MIA.  👍

1 minute ago, Go-Bucks! said:

Will be thinking good thoughts for all of you boarding in NYC tomorrow....no matter what time it will be.  I'll be having outpatient surgery tomorrow (kidney stone), but will watch the sailaway after I get home.  Please post about boarding, sailaway and any other good info that we can enjoy (pics too, if possible)...hopefully smooth sailing as you go down to MIA.  👍

Good luck on your procedure, Lisa.

• Thanks 1

I checked in at The Plaza, and was informed that O was comping us for dinner from 8 to 10 PM, at the hotel’s Todd English Restaurant.

After dropping my bags, I checked in with O’s hospitality desk, where they informed me of the Insignia’s delayed arrival at 3:00 PM tomorrow.  We still need to leave our rooms at noon, and they will inform us later about our transfer time.

9301DE03-2621-40A0-AD33-392A12465ABB.jpeg

AAF0B9F4-0639-4E32-A9D1-CC5F0BFC86E2.jpeg

97BBBFA5-FECC-4ED8-B9A2-76886851E4E1.jpeg

4F5025B4-25EA-4C15-BB56-7E7784F4FFB1.jpeg

BFCF1D5E-70F7-42E3-85B0-B07AA142EE6F.jpeg

54EFF8F7-45FF-4A89-9857-96E4898A9E98.jpeg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Two4Sea said:

Bill

Likely story, sounds like another Oceania conspiracy to save money. :classic_ninja:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Safe travels and Bon Voyage to all the Insignia World Cruisers!

I'm so excited to find this thread!  Like many others, I dream of a world cruise, but am years away from taking one.  In the meantime, I thrive on reading everybody else's adventures!  I was bummed not to find any Insignia blogs, but then found this- and it might even be better!  Please... as much as is possible... I want ALL the scoop, even minutiae!  I'm loving the pictures and comments of everything from Oceania information, to getting to the hotel, packing, organization processes, ANYTHING!  And bless the hearts of all who are sharing so we can live the dream with you.  Have a blast!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

After shopping a bit for last minute sundries at a nearby Walgreen’s, I stopped by the hospitality desk again and learned that O is providing us with breakfast (brunch?) in the morning from 10:30 AM until 1:00 PM, in the ballroom.   Also learned that there are 180 passenger’s staying here.

E9F4B433-8A14-477F-BC63-B0B07BA5B10F.jpeg

922C608F-F6F5-4E0E-B530-B5A797F45A6E.jpeg

1D9A2C73-B938-45F0-BF92-4B722F08A6F1.jpeg

72BAFED2-96D0-4291-95D7-9DD0B469C10A.jpeg

35D6962D-7FEF-4682-8AC4-CE07F9D3BAEB.jpeg

E36BEE42-AD79-4A5A-AAE2-5A265746C293.jpeg

• Like 3