“LIVE FROM” 2019 Oceania Insignia World Cruise, Jan. 11-July 11

Go-Bucks!

We are also embarking in NY tomorrow. Our traveling companions informed us that Insignia left San Juan 12 hours late. Bob, can you ask the Oceania desk if they know why? The notice we received said the late arrival was due to weather but that doesn’t explain the 12 hour delay in leaving San Juan. Hope it’s not another case of O not being transparent with us.

5 minutes ago, Riverroad said:

We are also embarking in NY tomorrow. Our traveling companions informed us that Insignia left San Juan 12 hours late. Bob, can you ask the Oceania desk if they know why? The notice we received said the late arrival was due to weather but that doesn’t explain the 12 hour delay in leaving San Juan. Hope it’s not another case of O not being transparent with us.

The hospitality desk is staffed by port agents, not employed directly by O.  They have not been informed of any details, nor have access, other than what O feeds them...

5 hours ago, cbb said:

bob brown,

I'm a veteran of trivia aboard O ships; you need to know that it is a blood sport (to quote Ray Carr) 

He has to constantly remind the players that "folks, you're playing for an O visor here" but many take it VERY seriously.  As soon as the answers have been announced by the CD, out come the smart phones and the bickering begins.  And afterwards it continues into the elevators--I take the stairs.

then if that isn't enough, wait for the 2 doctors in the room to square off on what exactly the question was asking or the 2 lawyers debating a fine point.  At that point, you either just sit back and relax, perhaps grab a drink, and wait for the CD to shut the "discussions" down. 

That said, if you can "prove" your point by going to a reputable source and show the CD that answer then she/he will reward you and your group the extra point--if it makes a difference in the final count for that day.

what he said.........

but it is fun!!

• Like 1

I had the pleasure of meeting Lee and Mary in the lounge.  I mentioned the comp dinner and found that Lee knew nothing about it.  I also got a tip off on the roll call that it was probably for a group sponsored by a certain TA.

So I checked again at the hotel desk, and they discovered that the earlier clerk had mistaken my name. with a similar one.

Glad I found out before going someplace I didn’t belong...

The hotel desk apologized for the misunderstanding.

3 hours ago, bob brown said:

After shopping a bit for last minute sundries at a nearby Walgreen’s, I stopped by the hospitality desk again and learned that O is providing us with breakfast (brunch?) in the morning from 10:30 AM until 1:00 PM, in the ballroom.   Also learned that there are 180 passenger’s staying here.

Love all the pics...beautiful hotel.  Will be following everyone's progress.  I'm sure getting onboard tomorrow will be ok, even if a few hours late.  We still have 6 months to go.  Wow....180 people!  Wonder how many "worldies" there will be in total?

Edited by Go-Bucks!

Just got this update delivered to room...

Just what I need....a tour of my town😄

Actually, it is kind of a creative way to “entertain” the delayed passengers.

Better than camping out at Pier 88, I suppose...like I had to do when my last cruise on the NCL Breakaway departed in October...

F9F672AE-0769-4F88-BF11-15F315A85EFC.jpeg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bob brown said:

Just what I need....a tour of my town

I'm looking forward to touring NYC when we sail there in July. Last time I was there was in 2011, just before the 9/11 memorial was finished. Definitely want to see it now. Wish we had time for a Broadway show. Last visit we saw Jersey Boys and ate dinner at Ellen's Stardust Diner during the Tony Awards, which was being shown live...fun!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bob brown said:

Just got this update delivered to room...

Just what I need....a tour of my town😄

Actually, it is kind of a creative way to “entertain” the delayed passengers.

Better than camping out at Pier 88, I suppose...like I had to do when my last cruise on the NCL Breakaway departed in October...

F9F672AE-0769-4F88-BF11-15F315A85EFC.jpeg

Great attitude...I would think the best way to get through a 180 day cruise is sometimes ship happens. Looking forward to further reports.

• Thanks 1

I just checked a ship locator app and Insignia is not going to dock until 4:30 pm tomorrow. Looks like a lot of waiting tomorrow. No way are they going to turn it around in less than, oh I dunno, 6 hours or so? Patience is the word for tomorrow.

As Yogi would say, “it’s deja vu, all over again”....

Like the way my October cruise began.

On the plus side, that became one of the best cruise’s I ever took, primarily for the friends I made on board.😎

Has anyone noticed any posts made from those already on board the Insignia?🤔

24 minutes ago, aikilee said:

I just checked a ship locator app and Insignia is not going to dock until 4:30 pm tomorrow. Looks like a lot of waiting tomorrow. No way are they going to turn it around in less than, oh I dunno, 6 hours or so? Patience is the word for tomorrow.

Marine traffic  site has ETA of 04:30 UTC 

Guess  time will tell

• Thanks 1

Hey everyone, am looking forward to reading this thread and proxy enjoying the cruise with you all!

It must be very frustrating to be so close and yet have a delay at this point, time will march on and you will get there and get on board!

You can all enjoy a hot bun for breakfast tomorrow!

Please keep us informed, I am frustrated for you all so I can;t even imagine how it must be for you guys!

That first step on board will be so much sweeter for all of this!

Bob I am looking forward to hearing your experiences as a first time Oceania cruiser. I love the line personally and I think you will as well 🙂

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, buggins0402 said:

Awwwk....no wonder I couldn't find her....she is showing color coded as a "sailing vessel" now.....:classic_unsure:

Anyway she is almost at the Ambrose pilot station...if all goes well, she could be in as early as noon...it is about 2 hours from the pilot station to the pier, about an hour from the Verazzano bridge....

This is where I watch her....

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-74.0/centery:40.5/zoom:11

Edited by bob brown