Jump to content

“LIVE FROM” 2019 Oceania Insignia World Cruise, Jan. 11-July 11


Go-Bucks!
 Share

Recommended Posts

Regarding "why is McDonald's different", when we were in Tel Aviv about 10 years ago on the Sabbath, McDonald's was the only restaurant we found that was open.

 

Mura

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mura said:

Regarding "why is McDonald's different", when we were in Tel Aviv about 10 years ago on the Sabbath, McDonald's was the only restaurant we found that was open.

 

Mura

It makes me smile   😃😃😃

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ello Oceania INSIGNIA ATW 2019 & Dubai-Rome Segment Cruisers  —

 

This is the standard "tickler” I send each Segment, this time for our upcoming Dubai-Rome Segment's Meet & Mingle. Once again we will use Horizons forward section, starboard/right side this coming TUESDAY (14 May) at 10AM.  FYI, there could be needlepoint finishing up on the port (left) side, or some other Insignia activity going on.

 

We'll start by MEETING those who joined us in Dubai, with self-introductions.  Then we will open it up to anyone who needs to coordinate and/or finalize shared independent shore excursions, followed by time to MINGLE.

 

As usual, this is a no-host event, so please wear your name tag to make it easier to meet & mingle.  Also, please pass this on to others on Insignia, since there will be no announcement in the Currents and not everyone will be up to date on Cruise Critic.  Attendance is open to anyone interested.

 

Looking Forward to Getting Together on Monday  —  Ryan
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, RJB said:

Sounds like it is time to organize a BOYCOTT OF the UAE.   No one should go there until they change their policys

I don’t believe decades of Israeli-Arab hostilities is going to be soled by a cruise ship passenger boycott. If only things were that simple.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Damicom said:

I don’t believe decades of Israeli-Arab hostilities is going to be soled by a cruise ship passenger boycott. If only things were that simple.

No one is suggesting a cruise passenger boycott is going to solve the problem, but why should anyone spend their money in a country that acts the way the UAE does? And perhaps if enough people refused to book cruises calling on the UAE, cruise lines themselves would discontinue making port calls there.

 

Using your logic no one should ever protest anything unless somehow they knew in advance that the protesters had sufficient numbers to hold sway.  I can tell you from my personal experiences during the anti-Vietnam War protests that the protesters did not have the numbers in the beginning. But our actions eventually swayed the majority and we, the protesters, were the ultimate victors.

 

Don't ever say that the voices of a few can't lead to significant change. If you think that way I suggest you shouldn't bother voting. After all, what can one person's vote do?

 

Time to get off my soapbox ...but it felt good to briefly step back 50 years to a time when I was young and idealistic. :classic_smile:

Edited by njhorseman
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

No one is suggesting a cruise passenger boycott is going to solve the problem, but why should anyone spend their money in a country that acts the way the UAE does? And perhaps if enough people refused to book cruises calling on the UAE, cruise lines themselves would discontinue making port calls there.

 

Using your logic no one should ever protest anything unless somehow they knew in advance that the protesters had sufficient numbers to hold sway.  I can tell you from my personal experiences during the anti-Vietnam War protests that the protesters did not have the numbers in the beginning. But our actions eventually swayed the majority and we, the protesters, were the ultimate victors.

 

Don't ever say that the voices of a few can't lead to significant change. If you think that way I suggest you shouldn't bother voting. After all, what can one person's vote do?

 

Time to get off my soapbox ...but it felt good to briefly step back 50 years to a time when I was young and idealistic. :classic_smile:

It might take time but if we can hurt them in their pocketbook than maybe the policy could change.  You are right that it took time for the Vietnam war policy to change here, but it did.  Lets boycott UAR and see what happens.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, njhorseman said:

No one is suggesting a cruise passenger boycott is going to solve the problem, but why should anyone spend their money in a country that acts the way the UAE does? And perhaps if enough people refused to book cruises calling on the UAE, cruise lines themselves would discontinue making port calls there.

 

Using your logic no one should ever protest anything unless somehow they knew in advance that the protesters had sufficient numbers to hold sway.  I can tell you from my personal experiences during the anti-Vietnam War protests that the protesters did not have the numbers in the beginning. But our actions eventually swayed the majority and we, the protesters, were the ultimate victors.

 

Don't ever say that the voices of a few can't lead to significant change. If you think that way I suggest you shouldn't bother voting. After all, what can one person's vote do?

 

Time to get off my soapbox ...but it felt good to briefly step back 50 years to a time when I was young and idealistic. :classic_smile:

Lets get back to the joy of cruising and following along with the Insignia ATW 2019 Adventures. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, bob brown said:

Now there’s a gorgeous sight....

no, not Dubai...the RMS Queen Elizabeth 2!

Our first visit to Dubai we cruised on her from Dubai to Southampton.

She aged gracefully but it was her time to retire.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...