“LIVE FROM” 2019 Oceania Insignia World Cruise, Jan. 11-July 11

Go-Bucks!

I am going to Fatima while in Portugal if anyone wants to go with me. I am taking the train from Lisbon at about 2:00 pm on Wednesday, 12 June to Coimbra and renting a car there. We'll drive down to Fatima. I am staying at Casa Sao Nuno Hotel that evening.  In the morning I'm going to visit the shrine and then drive to Porto. It's 2 hour drive so we won't have any problem getting back to the ship by 5:00 pm departure.  If you are interested call me in room 4002. You get your train ticket and hotel and I'll take care of the car rental. You'll have a full day and a half and a night in Lisbon and a nice little excursion the next day.

fatima-portugal.jpg

Beautiful trip ATW'ers ! We are all living vicariously through you and are sad we only have a few weeks with you 🙂 BTW, who is your cruise director now? Are they staying on through the July cruises or will there be someone new? If someone could let us know, we would be grateful. Many thanks and continued happy travels!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Senior Citizen said:

Pictures are amazing.  We have gone by that rock many times and always in the darkness of night or early morning.

Going by is one thing, but climbing on it is a whole different story.  You must find a cruise that stops there.  Just a great place to visit.    

• Like 2

@The Beach: Just a heads-up regarding Fatima. Are you aware that the 12th and 13th June are special pilgrimage days at Fatima (special days are the 13th of May thru October)? In my opinion this is a very good occasion to visit, but you should be aware of that to plan accordingly because it may complicate the plan a bit. On the evening of the 12th there is the really moving Candlelight Procession, and on the 13th the Pilgrims Mass and Farewell Procession (noonish, I believe). If you are catholic and privy to Fatima, these are not to be missed. On the other hand, expect a lot of people (not the tens of thousands like on the 13th May or August, but really decent crowds), and a LOT of traffic and delays within Fatima. Enjoy, and PM if you need any advice.

Vasco

1 hour ago, rayjames7 said:

Beautiful trip ATW'ers ! We are all living vicariously through you and are sad we only have a few weeks with you 🙂 BTW, who is your cruise director now? Are they staying on through the July cruises or will there be someone new? If someone could let us know, we would be grateful. Many thanks and continued happy travels!

Ray Carr is CD until 18 August.

B8CDC085-D572-4BE9-85D8-961EA9E07006.jpeg

7 hours ago, bob brown said:

Ray Carr is CD until 18 August.

Thanks Bob! We haven't had him yet as a CD...we look forward to meeting him! And beautiful photos & blog by the way...we are thoroughly enjoying your adventures!

Edited by rayjames7
  • Thanks 1

Bob..  great photos of Gibraltar!  It's a really interesting place to visit.  We had a tour inside The Rock to see the armaments and relics of WW ll and other conflicts.  But watch out for those Barbary apes who will steal anything off your person!

Go-bucks...miss your photos  and comments!

Thanks for the efforts you all make to take us along on the voyage of a lifetime.

• Like 1