“LIVE FROM” 2019 Oceania Insignia World Cruise, Jan. 11-July 11

Go-Bucks!

1 hour ago, The Beach said:

I know Bob would be upset with me for posting this but, there are too many of his friends onboard that want to know how he is.  This morning after breakfast he had a heart attack.  Fortunately, there was a doctor close by and the ship's doctor also responded. An ambulance took him to Sine Augustine Hospital. After going into the Cath Lab the doctors placed 2 stints.  He is much better, wanting to get out of bed and get something for his thrist, neither of which the wonderful nurses will allow.  He will be there at least a couple of days, more like a week. Betsy went with him in the ambulance. She, Judy and I just back on the ship to talk to the doctor. We are going to grab some lunch and head back. I will let you know how he's doing.  Please keep Bob in your thoughts and prayers. He might be able to rejoin the ship at some point. - Jim.

Thank you for letting us know.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bob, I know you will be reading this thread soon, so “get well fast my friend !”  We met you as we did the Sydney to Singapore segments and really enjoyed our time together.  You take care and hope to see you posting soon and rejoining the ship.

Dick and Susan

Oh My Goodness.   Poor Bob.   I wish him well and hope he will soon be back on board.  I have been following his WTC from the start, as have many others.       Isn't it marvellous that stents can now be fitted in a matter of hours.  I know Bob will soon be well.    J

I met Bob as he was passing through Horizons on the first morning of our Sydney to Tokyo leg. I recognized him from his posts on this site and said, "BOB!" I knew his thought was, "Who is THIS??"; but he graciously stopped so I could thank him for his posts. Get strong again soon, Bob.

Pat and Paul

Thanks for the update Jim, saw Bob at the infirmary and have been asking around.

Bob, hope you get better soon and take care of yourself. We are leaving in Southampton so if we don't see you All The Best.

If you get to Tel Aviv email me israelsun@gmail.com 

As I went out on the dock and saw the squad with Betsy standing next to it, I was so shocked when she told me what happened.  Bob, I've been praying all day for you, Betsy and the wonderful medical providers who are helping you. The Great Physician is faithful and good...He has you in His hand.

Listen to the doctors and do what they say so you can rejoin us soon...take care!!!  👍

• Like 1

OMGOODNESS!  I’m so sorry to hear about BOB! Thank God he had the doctor close by and on the ship. He is in good hands and I know he will be back on board soon. I am happy they were able to place the 2 stints and he is doing well!

Please keep us all updated with his recovery!

God bless you Bob!

Sincerely,

Denise😊

• Like 1

Bob, 

You have become dear to us as we have followed your journey. We hope that you have a speedy recovery and join the ship soon.

Thank you Jim for keeping us posted on Bob.  I think that all of us would have been worried when we didn't hear from him in a few days since he was so actively posting about your wonderful trip around the world.

Good news. Bob Brown may be back onboard tomorrow before we leave Bordeaux. It is not an absolute but, the information we have from his doctors is that he may be allowed release from the hospital and continue his cruise with us. After the stints his blood is flowing well and his blood/oxygen levels are good. I know the whole of Insignia will be happy to have him back with us.

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, The Beach said:

Good news. Bob Brown may be back onboard tomorrow before we leave Bordeaux. It is not an absolute but, the information we have from his doctors is that he may be allowed release from the hospital and continue his cruise with us. After the stints his blood is flowing well and his blood/oxygen levels are good. I know the whole of Insignia will be happy to have him back with us.

Great news to hear today!!

I have my fingers crossed he is able to rejoin on Insignia tomorrow!

Thank you for the great news on Bob’s recovery.

Denise🎉🥂👌

• Like 1

Thanks, Jim, for keeping us posted on Bob.  I’ve been enjoying reading your blog too.  You take some good pictures and I love your adventuresome spirit!!!!!

When we met Bob on the segment from Sydney to Tokyo, he was so down-to-earth, kind and welcoming.  He always gave freely of his time when we had a question.  Our cabin was down the hall from his.

Bob seemed to be fit so he should have a quick recovery.  Our friend had 4 stints put in and life has gone back to normal for him, as if nothing happened, and we’re wishing that kind of recovery for Bob too!!!!  Take care, Bob, after all—your mission isn’t completed...

Thinking positive thoughts for you Bob.  And thinking of Betsy as well.

Frances and Rafael

1 hour ago, The Beach said:

Great news👍

Bob....you can rest easy...today's "mission was accomplished!!"  I got a photo of the tug this morning and I can upload pictures on my computer, just not on my phone (have no idea why, though).  Hope to see you very soon onboard!!  Everyone sends their prayers and best wishes from your fellow neighbors in our little Insignia village.  😎

20190616_075048.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, Jay23 said:

Good to hear Bob is improving so quickly.   J

PS  In the UK they are stents where as in North America they seem to be stints.  Just a bit of useless information.  

Actually, they're spelled and pronounced "stents" in North America too.