SS changes their old cruise Itinerary number system......

les37b

I guess this is part of the new regime installing their protocols to SS on bookings and Cruise IDs.

I was just looking though the Roll Call..... Not sure where the change starts from...... My booking in April this year is with the old #XXXX

But August 2020..... the reference is now SW200801012  - which denotes SW (Silver Wind) 20 (2020) 08 (August) 01 (1st August) - with the last 4 digits adding some extra ID to seperate I guess - any multi-start bookings starting at the same time. Hope this helps to understand what it all means anyway.

Hadn't spotted it before - but I can see some tweaking is required in my.silversea as the text flows into the next column.

No big deal....... and hopefully SS monitor here and can feedback to amend the column width to fix this from the .css file controlling the formatting.

Shouldn't take too long to fix.

image.png.309b28d15d7a565b07d55d91a5f5fac5.png

2 minutes ago, Rocchi said:

Les,

I would suggest the last two numbers are the cruise length in days. Have just checked my own for 2020 and it ends in a 16 for a 16 day cruise.

Yes, spot on. Mines 12 days, so fits perfectly.

This has been around since at least last September - that was the last but one time I cruised - I was looking at future voyages as I do (nearly) all my bookings onboard.

But it definitely does appear to be 2 digits year, 2 digits month, 2 digits day of embarkation followed by 3 digits cruise duration.

SW - Wind

SL -Spirit

SS - Shadow

WH - Whisper

SM - Muse

MO - Moon

Expeditions are a bit different.

Edited by jollyjones
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jollyjones said:

This has been around since at least last November - that was the last time I cruised so I was looking at future voyages as I do (nearly) all my bookings onboard.

SW - Wind

SL -Spirit

SS - Shadow

WH - Whisper

SM - Muse

MO - Moon

Expeditions are a bit different.

I'd no doubt it had may have been changed for a while, though I did think it might have been a recent thing as I'd only just spotted. Your reply prompted me to check and my booking for the one above was done in Mid September 2018 and it was in the same format back then. 

I'm not as eagle eyed obviously as today was the first time I'd seen this.