Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
YlangYlangF9PB3E

Booked Through TA, having trouble with cancellation and Royal won’t talk to me

Recommended Posts

Is there someone at Royal who will talk to me regarding a cancellation for a cruise booked through TA? Still missing $200 Royal told TA they would refund to us. Royal won’t talk to us.

 

Specifically:

Booked a cruise through TA on April, 2018  for Oct. ‘19 Canada cruise,  left $900 non-refundable deposit.

 

On 7/25/18 we changed to a different cruise that was sailing in March, 2019. The $900 deposit was transferred to new cruise and we gave TA/Royal an additional $200 for cancellation fee.

 

On Dec. 19, 2018 we had to cancel second cruise (one day before final payment due) because of upcoming medical treatments. I expected another $200 loss from that cancellation and expected $700 refund from Royal.

 

However, out of that $900 deposit, Royal credited our account $200 and said we have a $300 future cruise credit.  I am okay with FCC, but we should have been credited $400. TA again called  Royal and they acknowledged their mistake. Royal told TA we’d get additional $200 credit on Visa which we have not received.

 

Lesson learned: never book non-refundable cruise at our age and always buy insurance. And we will never again book through TA. As helpful as they’ve tried to be, it is frustrating for us going through a middle man. Still, Royal owes us $200 and won’t talk to us.

 

Is there another, special phone number we can call to speak with Royal and get this straightened out? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not a TA, but I remember getting a credit for a future booking that had the wrong amount and got it fixed a couple years back.   RCCL isn't talking to you because the booking is with the TA.  However, I think I was able to talk to someone in the Crown and Anchor who routed me to the right people to fix it.    It didn't happen quickly - maybe a few weeks.     It's possible with the holidays, the credit hasn't been processed yet.   You might want to give it 30 days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmmm, I'm not sure why you got anything back on your card? All of the deposit minus the $200 should have been a fcc. It would be split $350 each. Unless your deposit wasn't supposed to be $900 and only $500, then I could see why you would get $200 each back to your card. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, whitshel said:

Hmmmm, I'm not sure why you got anything back on your card? All of the deposit minus the $200 should have been a fcc. It would be split $350 each. Unless your deposit wasn't supposed to be $900 and only $500, then I could see why you would get $200 each back to your card. 

The penalty is $100 per guest per change.  So starting with $900, 1st change of $200 for the 2 of them.   Balance is $700 applied to changed cruise.  Second Change of $200 for the 2 of them brings the balance down to $500 to apply to future cruise.   They were give only $300 to apply for a future cruise instead of $500.  So there is still $200 outstanding that should be applied to FC or refunded.     Here's the policy - Should multiple changes to the ship and/or sail date be required, will multiple change fees be incurred? Multiple adjustments to the ship and/or sail date of a booking will result in the assessment of a $100 per guest change fee for each qualifying change made to the reservation. There is no limit on the number of change fees that can be incurred.

Edited by iluvcruzin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Maybe your agency also charges a cancellation fee?

 

Also not sure why you gave the TA an additional $200?  When you made your first change the $200 cancellation fee should have been deducted from your $900 therefore transferring $700 to the second booking

Edited by molly361

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, iluvcruzin said:

The penalty is $100 per guest per change.  So starting with $900, 1st change of $200 for the 2 of them.   Balance is $700 applied to changed cruise.  Second Change of $200 for the 2 of them brings the balance down to $500 to apply to future cruise.   They were give only $300 to apply for a future cruise instead of $500.  So there is still $200 outstanding that should be applied to FC or refunded.     Here's the policy - Should multiple changes to the ship and/or sail date be required, will multiple change fees be incurred? Multiple adjustments to the ship and/or sail date of a booking will result in the assessment of a $100 per guest change fee for each qualifying change made to the reservation. There is no limit on the number of change fees that can be incurred.

Thanks for your reply! We paid $900 deposit for first cruise. When we changed cruises, TA required an additional $200, which we paid that day, for Royal’s cancellation fee. So now we’ve paid $1100, with $900 applied as deposit for second cruise and $200 going straight to Royal for their cancellation fee.  We have now paid $400 to Royal in cancellation fees for changing first cruise and canceling the second, with $700 remaining. We received $300 FCC and $200 credit on Visa, and still $200 remains with Royal, which they said they would refund but still haven’t. Due to the holidays I will wait a little longer, then try C&A representative. I believe it is a mixup with Royal because of that extra $200 we paid the TA when we changed cruises, and it would be easier to clear up if I could speak with Royal directly. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Maybe your agency also charges a cancellation fee?

 

Also not sure why you gave the TA an additional $200?  When you made your first change the $200 cancellation fee should have been deducted from your $900 therefore transferring $700 to the second booking

No, they don’t, they said they made $0 on these cancelled cruises. The TA said we had to leave a $900 deposit on the new cruise, so we needed to give them the $200 for Royal’s cancellation fee. I was uncomfortable with that but thought it was necessary to book the new cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, iluvcruzin said:

I'm not a TA, but I remember getting a credit for a future booking that had the wrong amount and got it fixed a couple years back.   RCCL isn't talking to you because the booking is with the TA.  However, I think I was able to talk to someone in the Crown and Anchor who routed me to the right people to fix it.    It didn't happen quickly - maybe a few weeks.     It's possible with the holidays, the credit hasn't been processed yet.   You might want to give it 30 days.

Thanks so much for your reply. Yes, I’ll wait a bit longer then see if a C&A representative can straighten this out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who did you pay the additional $200 to?  If it was a check or credit card charge made to your TA I don't think Royal will do anything foe you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, molly361 said:

Who did you pay the additional $200 to?  If it was a check or credit card charge made to your TA I don't think Royal will do anything foe you

I made the payment to the TA when changing the cruise. They said I had to pay Royal for changing, which is correct. It says on the invoice CHG-1 Change Fee $200.  Royal said they would refund that extra $200 according to the last conversation the TA had with Royal. I’ll wait a little longer, then contact C&A. I want to hear what they say without a middle man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, everyone, for your helpful replies.  I just heard from the TA, via email, who was in touch with Royal this morning.  Royal said they processed the $200 credit yesterday, so I should see it soon.  Guess I needed to be a little more patient!  So nice to know that everything was on the up and up; I shouldn't have had any doubt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...