Toulon

bapaleg

We have docked in Toulon twice. On one trip, we went to Aix.

The other visit was spent in Toulon - we took the cable car up to mont Faron, visited the Military Museum, shopped the Cours Lafayette Market (open every day except Monday), walked over to the Place de la Liberté, Toulon's main square, and also took the Petit train to Plages du Mourillon (these four sandy beaches located in horseshoe-shaped bays offer bars, restaurants, mini-golf & there is a carousel). You can also walk to the beaches from the center of the city - it took us about 20 minutes to walk back. Link to Petit train website: http://www.traintoulon.com/

Edited by dogs4fun

• 2 weeks later...

Cruising Princess in September.  Looks like we dock in La Seyne.  Same but different.  Can anyone confirm that is what Princess does?  Either way we are planning on a beach day (Sunday).  If La Seyne is the port we are looking at Sablettes Beach.  What kind of transportation do people recommend?  We are a party of four. 

If our port is actually Toulon, what beach and transportation do people recommend?  Thanks.

On 1/31/2019 at 8:04 AM, RBAlbany said:

Cruising Princess in September.  Looks like we dock in La Seyne.  Same but different.  Can anyone confirm that is what Princess does?  Either way we are planning on a beach day (Sunday).  If La Seyne is the port we are looking at Sablettes Beach.  What kind of transportation do people recommend?  We are a party of four. 

If our port is actually Toulon, what beach and transportation do people recommend?  Thanks.

I have looked into this and there is a public bus option https://www.tourisme-ouestvar.com/medias/images/info_pages/your-cruise-in-la-seyne-sur-mer-download-the-visit-in-english-703.pdf

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OhToulon!  If I could relive our day there, I would.  Perhaps the most fantastic day tour I have ever experienced!  While I did not know what to expect, someone from our roll call was looking to fill an 8 passenger van and we signed up.  Please check 1388 Tours, our guide was Michel.  He was excellent.  He had a magical day planned for us, to the market, to the shore, to a French bocce type court for wine  and games!  We fit in a wine tour stop, a few churches and lunch.

Hooray  for Anne from my roll call, the tour was a home run!

• 2 months later...
On 1/31/2019 at 3:04 PM, RBAlbany said:

Sablettes was lovely and we spent a lovely day there. Alas we didn't hurry getting off the ship as I had read there would be taxis at the terminal- alas by the time we got off there weren't. Tired for an hour to get one! Daughter then used her Uber and a lovely driver and his Mercedes came and took us and we arranged for him to return at a set time to take us back. Worked perfectly. 

We had a lovely lunch at a beachside restaurant, looked at the street market that was on (though it finished at lunchtime) and sampled gorgeous ice cream at a local shop - delicious 🙂