Cave tubing to cold in February?

Nemomof3

We were planning to cave tube in early February but now are worried about the water being too cold? Has anyone been during this time of year? For adults ( my kids always loved cold water) is it miserable or is the water ok?

• 3 weeks later...

We (4 adults) did the cave tubing in February a few years ago.  It is cold when you first get in, but you get used to it. Funny how the same experience is viewed differently. My husband & I hated this excursion, but our friends said it was the very favorite.  If the water is low, they will say "butt up" meaning you lift your derriere so they can pull you thru by your legs.  You wear a minor's hat with a light for the dark caves, but honestly, there isn't much to see.  We barely made it back in time to catch the shuttle, (last one back) so be sure to watch your time if you are going on your own.

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 3:13 PM, Nemomof3 said:

We were planning to cave tube in early February but now are worried about the water being too cold? Has anyone been during this time of year? For adults ( my kids always loved cold water) is it miserable or is the water ok?

We were there in December and the water was fresh but you soon got used to it and not too cold.

We did cave tubing and zip lining with buttsup.com. it was exactly the same tour as offered by our cruise but we were in a 14 seater mini bus and arrived before the cruise coaches,  our tubes were already at the river we didn't have to carry them 20 minutes like the cruise groups. We had no queueing at the zip line and moved from each station with no queues. The cruise groups queued from one station to the next. we are in our 50s but had great fun so well done butts up. I emailed the company and then spoke to them via watts app and they answered my many questions which gave me great confidence to book with them. we paid in dollars at the end of the trip. https://www.cave-tubing.com/carnival-belize-cave-tubing.html 

On 1/28/2019 at 3:47 PM, cosytoes said:

We were there in December and the water was fresh but you soon got used to it and not too cold.

We did cave tubing and zip lining with buttsup.com. it was exactly the same tour as offered by our cruise but we were in a 14 seater mini bus and arrived before the cruise coaches,  our tubes were already at the river we didn't have to carry them 20 minutes like the cruise groups. We had no queueing at the zip line and moved from each station with no queues. The cruise groups queued from one station to the next. we are in our 50s but had great fun so well done butts up. I emailed the company and then spoke to them via watts app and they answered my many questions which gave me great confidence to book with them. we paid in dollars at the end of the trip. https://www.cave-tubing.com/carnival-belize-cave-tubing.html 

This is great news! We booked with buttsup last week! Thanks for the info!

• 2 weeks later...