Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Beaferd

Purchased Onboard Credit

Recommended Posts

I am considering adding some onboard credit for my upcoming cruise and was wondering how it is handled if you do not use it all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you go to the customer service desk and close out. theyll give you cash right there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you don't cash out on the last day, any remaining refundable OBC (purchased OBC is refundable) would be credited to the credit card used to secure the onboard account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why?

 

It is one thing if they sold $100 of OBC for $85  or some discounted price.

 

But to buy OBC for the exact price is completely pointless.

 

Just purchase what you need and pay it in the end.

 

I  once had OBC given from a TA that I struggled to use.

 

Save your money..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dwayneb236 said:

you go to the customer service desk and close out. theyll give you cash right there.

If you want to avoid the lines, set up your account with a credit card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

If you don't cash out on the last day, any remaining refundable OBC (purchased OBC is refundable) would be credited to the credit card used to secure the onboard account.

i had about 25 bucks left last cruise and they wouldn't let me off the ship till i visited the service desk. told me i could donate the money to royal or take the cash. i took my money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, dwayneb236 said:

i had about 25 bucks left last cruise and they wouldn't let me off the ship till i visited the service desk. told me i could donate the money to royal or take the cash. i took my money.

 

Did you have a credit card securing your onboard account, or was it a cash account?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beaferd said:

Can it be applied to any upcoming cruises I have booked?

 

Sure, you can call 800-722-5443 and apply OBC to any cruise.  Haver your booking number(s) handy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A with the Coral Expeditions Team
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...