Insurance for non US Citizens

Gabruska

Hello,

I am taking my parents from Europe on a cruise. I usually purchase my insurance that covers trip cancellation, medical etc. It seems like I can't add them to that policy because they are not US citizens. They already have travel insurance that covers all medical + expenses, but not trip cancellation. I am looking for a solution how to insure both of our cabins ( I am paying for both of them) under one policy. Does anybody have experience with this. If I add the whole cost to my policy would it cover both cabins? I am insuring me and my two children and I could possibly add one of my kids to their cabin and take one of my parents in my cabin......Any suggestions here? Trying to avoid to pay $90.00 per person for them since they already have travel insurance.

Thank you

Edited by Gabruska
misspell

I searched ......only finding the insurance for US citizens. I know it's not per cabin, but it should be covering us if our travel companion is not able to make it and we have to cancel, that is why I was thinking if each of the covered persons is in each cabin and our travel companion/family can't make it it would cover us. Just trying to see if anybody had this experience.

You cannot get coverage for them in your US based policy.  You can only purchase coverage in North America for North American residents, and then you must all live in the same state if you are on the same policy.  There may be a separate policy for them, but you would need to speak with an insurance broker to find out what might be available. 

On 1/9/2019 at 3:35 PM, Gabruska said:

Hello,

I am taking my parents from Europe on a cruise. I usually purchase my insurance that covers trip cancellation, medical etc. It seems like I can't add them to that policy because they are not US citizens. They already have travel insurance that covers all medical + expenses, but not trip cancellation. I am looking for a solution how to insure both of our cabins ( I am paying for both of them) under one policy. Does anybody have experience with this. If I add the whole cost to my policy would it cover both cabins? I am insuring me and my two children and I could possibly add one of my kids to their cabin and take one of my parents in my cabin......Any suggestions here? Trying to avoid to pay $90.00 per person for them since they already have travel insurance.

Thank you

I'm not quite following what the problem is.

There have been many discussions about difficulties getting coverage for those who are not residents of the USA.

But you have found something that would cost you $90 pp, and that *would* work? 

But you are still looking for something *else*??

Even if you could find something else, how much less could it be?

Are you able to get them coverage for $90 pp or not?

GC

On 1/11/2019 at 4:53 PM, GeezerCouple said:

I'm not quite following what the problem is.

There have been many discussions about difficulties getting coverage for those who are not residents of the USA.

But you have found something that would cost you $90 pp, and that *would* work? 

But you are still looking for something *else*??

Even if you could find something else, how much less could it be?

Are you able to get them coverage for $90 pp or not?

GC

Well since my parent already have all the medical travel insurance that comes with their credit card I really don't want to pay $180.00 seems little too high for $1500.00 cruise. I am paying for me and my children $62.00  for all for $2300.00 cruise

Just think it's too expensive for them and looking for better options than through the cruise line ($180.00)

But I guess there will be no other option at this point. Thanks