cpaps and oxygen on rccl ships?

popcicle

I know cpaps are old news, new to us since last cruise and  cant remember, is there an outlet by the head of the bed? How do you bring your distilled water?     Also sis in law is on oxygen, can she have a tank in her room, or how it that handled? Thanks

2 minutes ago, popcicle said:

I know cpaps are old news, new to us since last cruise and  cant remember, is there an outlet by the head of the bed? How do you bring your distilled water?     Also sis in law is on oxygen, can she have a tank in her room, or how it that handled? Thanks

It will depend on which ship you are on if there will be an outlet by the bed...there is one on Harmony and the Quantum class ships.

Request your extension cord and distilled water with RCI special needs....and also check with them about oxygen onboard use.

(866) 592-7225

My Dad brought his cpap on the Navigator of the Seas two weeks ago.  There was not an outlet by the bed - he just pulled the cord from the outlet in the vanity - a nice tripping hazard in the middle of the night for my mother, I'm told.

I think the newer ships have more outlets.

As far as the CPAP. I always bring mine, and never have a problem. Royal will provide the extension cord, and the distilled water. If you call them ahead of time it will likely be waiting in your cabin. However, if you forget just let your steward know and they will have it for you by bedtime the first night.

• Like 1

Are you bringing your own oxygen or renting it?  Either way, a tank is allowed in the cabin, with prior notification, and a placard will be placed near the cabin door to notify emergency teams that oxygen is present (in case of fire).  Extra tanks will be stored, and will be provided as requested.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, popcicle said:

Also sis in law is on oxygen, can she have a tank in her room, or how it that handled? Thanks

My FIL rented a portable oxygen concentrator at home (always get extra batteries) for flying to port and around the ship.  He also rented a concentrator for the room that was waiting for him when he got to his cabin. 

• Like 1

I advise RCL special needs I would be travelling with a CPAP and medication that required refrigeration and got an email back saying they would have an extension cord, distilled water, arefrigerator (not the cooler fridge that is already in each room on Jewel) and a sharps container in my room when I board. 

Will report back after I board on February 25!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MsYukon said:

I advise RCL special needs I would be travelling with a CPAP and medication that required refrigeration and got an email back saying they would have an extension cord, distilled water, arefrigerator (not the cooler fridge that is already in each room on Jewel) and a sharps container in my room when I board. 

Will report back after I board on February 25!

I, too, contacted the Special Needs department and received an email saying the same thing. Didn't take 24 hours to get a response from them.

• 1 month later...

Carry CPAP.  Always fill out the special needs form and receive prompt reply.  At embarkation though it's only 50/50 that extension cord and water are actually waiting for us in cabin.    Quick word with steward and it's always resolved quickly.  He / she will take good care of you.

Thanks for the link to the form. Sent in my request yesterday.  Got an automated reply very quickly. Reply said that I would get an official confirmation once the request was processed "in the order in which it was received".

Now if we could just get a cabin assignment....

Edited by grinningimm