Sad news - Trainman

So sad to hear this news.  Jim kept all of us entertained with his and Judith's cruise stories.   His kindness and willingness to share will not soon be forgotten.

My deepest condolences to Judith and the rest of his family.  Jim may have passed away, but Trainman stories will live on!

• Like 1

I read his reviews in the past. When I heard about his issues I read through his whole blog and continued reading his story. Did not know him personally but feel like I did through his writing. He was a great person and he will be missed. My heart goes out to Judith and all others affected by his loss.

He will be missed. I enjoyed reading his live posts. He liked to post photos of his windjammer platters. Does anyone remember the live thread he wrote after his wife’s passing. Is was so sad. Then he found Judith. How wonderful it was to also read his and Judith’s cruises together. 

Rest on peace. 

M

This was posted on Jim's official site from his brother.

This is the Obituary I wrote for Jim, his picture isn't attaching though:

OBITUARY

James “Jim” Eastman Massfeller       

5/2/1944 - 1/10/2019

Jim Massfeller passed peacefully at Florida Hospital Flagler Hospice, after a bout with cancer at his home near Bunnell, FL. Jim was born in Wilmington, DE and raised in Newark, DE, graduated from Newark Senior High School and later, Wilmington Collage. Jim was a teacher in Delaware and Florida, and was popular with his students. He was also a long-term member of the national guard, serving both in Delaware and Florida; he transferred to the army, full-time active duty, and was assigned to the Pentagon for six years and also served in Panama. He retired from the army as Lieutenant Colonel. Jim loved cruises – he was always a Royal Caribbean cruiser. He was also a model train buff; he belonged to several train clubs on the east coast. Jim was a Life member of the Ormond Beach Historical Society and a member of the Palm Coast Yacht Club. Jim spent many hours volunteering at the Florida Agricultural Museum. Jim is a past member of the Corvette Club and was an active poster to the Corvette Forum. Jim was pre-deceased by his parents, Kurt and Margaret Massfeller. Jim is survived by his wife Judith and by his younger brother, Tom Massfeller. Services will be private. Donations in his memory may be made to the Florida Agricultural Museum,www.floridaagmuseum.org.

On 1/11/2019 at 12:45 PM, Lionesss said:

This was posted on Jim's official site from his brother.

This is the Obituary I wrote for Jim, his picture isn't attaching though:

OBITUARY

James “Jim” Eastman Massfeller       

5/2/1944 - 1/10/2019

Jim Massfeller passed peacefully at Florida Hospital Flagler Hospice, after a bout with cancer at his home near Bunnell, FL. Jim was born in Wilmington, DE and raised in Newark, DE, graduated from Newark Senior High School and later, Wilmington Collage. Jim was a teacher in Delaware and Florida, and was popular with his students. He was also a long-term member of the national guard, serving both in Delaware and Florida; he transferred to the army, full-time active duty, and was assigned to the Pentagon for six years and also served in Panama. He retired from the army as Lieutenant Colonel. Jim loved cruises – he was always a Royal Caribbean cruiser. He was also a model train buff; he belonged to several train clubs on the east coast. Jim was a Life member of the Ormond Beach Historical Society and a member of the Palm Coast Yacht Club. Jim spent many hours volunteering at the Florida Agricultural Museum. Jim is a past member of the Corvette Club and was an active poster to the Corvette Forum. Jim was pre-deceased by his parents, Kurt and Margaret Massfeller. Jim is survived by his wife Judith and by his younger brother, Tom Massfeller. Services will be private. Donations in his memory may be made to the Florida Agricultural Museum,www.floridaagmuseum.org.

Beautiful obituary. Rest in peace Jim, you will be missed. Thinking of you both Judith and Tom.

Sad news. I had not met him in person but thought of him just this week as I made his cruise breakfast sandwich. It is still just as yummy! English muffin, cream cheese, grape jelly & sausage links. I tried it after one of his post several years back and I now have one on every cruise.