Cruise Critic Community
itsmepersis

Perks for booking 10 cabins on Carnival?

I booked a cruise on the Sunrise Ship for this coming August.  Presently we have booked 10 cabins and I believe we have a few more families interested.  When I booked I asked the Carnival TA. she quoted me a price and also told me to check with group sales.  The group sales price that was being offered was more then the price that the Carnival TA was offering.  She said that because I am a cruiser (have been on other carnival cruises)  she could give my guests my rate.  

Now I am wondering if I made the right choice.  I would like to get some perks for our cruise.  It seems that i will have about 12 rooms booked.  Does anyone know how I can get a meeting room for a meet and greet?  or something for the cruisers that are booking under my rate. 🙂 Any suggestions?  Did I make the right decision?  

Formal "Group" rates are always more expensive. That's how you pay for those free perks, benefits, amenities that you are now looking for.

If you wanted lowest pricing for you and your friends, you made the right choice.

If you wanted "Group" amenities for you and your friends, you made the wrong choice.

Have you thought about working with a travel agent instead? That group booking can qualify you as the the "Tour Conductor" in which you will receive one free berth for 16 berthed guests. You can share those savings with the group and get amenities (such as on-board credit for each cabin). In my experience, group rates are lower than published rates when you add all that together. The travel agent can help you with navigating meeting space, etc.

I made an uneducated decision.  😞  This was just me trying to get a few people together for a vacation.  I will definitely plan differently if I do this again.  

My question, is at this point, can and/or how can I get Carnival perks for this trip?