Edgeification of current ships

chamima

Cool, I can work with this  I would have loved to book a 7 night but I didn't want to push my luck! Plus with only a week's vacation Edge is way better - maybe going to drive down to Fort Lauderdale. Every older ship has to update the activities, doesn't it?

Since this thread is relegated to changes in the cabins only, I would think that they will add the large screen televisions, the advanced technology elements (use of smartphone for entrance and maybe temperature control), add the Spree charging stations, new bedding, and update the bathrooms.  I'm good with the changes to the cabins and I'm very happy that they aren't touching current balconies, especially considering we have an AFT deck 11 veranda cabin with the extra square footage.

We all know that the Edgeification is more than just cabins though and the big losers are Aqua class passengers (they're adding more cabin, meaning Blu will be overcrowded, impacting the best aspect to Aqua) and taking space away from non-suite passenger to build the Retreat for suite passengers.

There will be good and bad after they "revolutionize" the ships.  I'll wait until reading Millennium review before I would consider cancelling our Summit cruise for October 2020.  We have A1 Aqua in AFT cabin for 2575 per person (with 2 perks $360 paid gratuities and classic drink package) for 12-day reposition Boston to Puerto Rico to ABC islands, to Key West to Fort Lauderdale.  It's such a great value that we will most likely keep it unless the Millennium reviews are pretty much all incredibly negative.  I am pretty sure that we will never book an Edge suite cabin or any suite.  I'd rather pay less and get a veranda on Azamara or Oceania for an overall nicer experience.  Our choice for Millennium between Aqua and Suite total was 5150 total vs $8050.  I'll keep my $3K in the bank and "live like a simpleton" for 12 days.  I think I can endure.

2 hours ago, hubofhockey said:

I deleted the  text to save space.....

We also booked Summit for 2020. We reserved the  Bayonne RT   which includes Newport Bermuda and Charleston..We have been on Summit  quite a bit over the years to ..Hawaii, Carib, Bermuda.  Never thought we'd be back to her but it was the itin  that looked great..includes overnights. Price was ok for a reg  balc cabin. Also saves us on airfare and pre cruise hotel.

We opted out of AQ....price was high and we are ready for a change from AQ. We will manage without the upgraded shower and other AQ cabin amenities. 

Balcony cabin is a big plus....hoping for  nice balc furniture..footrests and a  nice table 

The cheap looking  impractical clothes  storage  is not an improvement,   esp for a 9 night cruise...but we will deal with it. Does Ms Hoppen travel without luggage ? 

Hoping A/C and sewer systems are upgraded...some M class ships starting to have " issues"

Also hope that M Class Select dining will offer more choices than just one MDR,..but space is limited with BLU and Luminae already carved out of present MDR. And  would be great if they leave the entertainment wierdness on EDGE!

Edited by hcat

10 hours ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

I found another recent clip with additional photos, and lens variations. 

Those photos are all great if you are booked in a suite.  If you're not, you are SOL.  For now, I'm thinking if you book Aqua, you get refreshed cabins and an overcrowded Blu.  With standard veranda cabin, you get the refresh of the cabin and a new look in the MDR.  I wonder what space on M ships is given up for the retreat for the suite passengers.

24 minutes ago, hubofhockey said:

Those photos are all great if you are booked in a suite.  If you're not, you are SOL.  For now, I'm thinking if you book Aqua, you get refreshed cabins and an overcrowded Blu.  With standard veranda cabin, you get the refresh of the cabin and a new look in the MDR.  I wonder what space on M ships is given up for the retreat for the suite passengers.

Another reason to quit Blu after the Revolution, we'll have reached Elite by then anyways.  If the storage images are correct, we'll end up doing reposition cruises elsewhere.  Maybe on the 6 and 8 day Summit repos to and from San Juan, when Aqua is inexpensive, I'll just have to show up to Blu late.

23 hours ago, DCT61 said:

When comparing the "present and future" stateroom photos, Its like watching THE WIZARD OF OZ...

Only, this time in reverse.  You transition from the world of color, into the boring, bleak, sepia-toned world.

Toto, I dont think we're on Celebrity anymore.

Exactly, side by side like that the new colours are just incredibly bland, we’re on the Equinox in September and honestly I would have been more than happy keeping the existing colour scheme.

Edited by yorky

It's not clear if this is s-class or m-class...celebrity continues to try to sell on emotion rather than just showing pictures and deck plans of what they are doing.  As a note to Celebrity...some of us have booked post edgification cruises and we would like to know what we actually booked....not flashes of "might be the millenium, might not".  

I don't see a storage space problem....four drawers under the dressing table and 4 cabinets above...yes, the closet is smaller...but the old one was too large no matter what we brought.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ghstudio said:

It's not clear if this is s-class or m-class...celebrity continues to try to sell on emotion rather than just showing pictures and deck plans of what they are doing.  As a note to Celebrity...some of us have booked post edgification cruises and we would like to know what we actually booked....not flashes of "might be the millenium, might not".  

I don't see a storage space problem....four drawers under the dressing table and 4 cabinets above...yes, the closet is smaller...but the old one was too large no matter what we brought.

It is definitely an M class ship. I have been checking out the photos X has released online. Personally, I like the post Revolution pictures. We are booked on Summit for October 2020 and are definitely keeping our reservation. The M class ships really needed to be updated and refreshed. After our last cruise on Summit, we decided not to book another M class ship until X refurbished them. Well now they will be and I can’t wait to be back on board.

14 hours ago, hubofhockey said:

There will be good and bad after they "revolutionize" the ships.  I'll wait until reading Millennium review before I would consider cancelling our Summit cruise for October 2020.  We have A1 Aqua in AFT cabin for 2575 per person (with 2 perks $360 paid gratuities and classic drink package) for 12-day reposition Boston to Puerto Rico to ABC islands, to Key West to Fort Lauderdale.  It's such a great value that we will most likely keep it unless the Millennium reviews are pretty much all incredibly negative.  I am pretty sure that we will never book an Edge suite cabin or any suite.  I'd rather pay less and get a veranda on Azamara or Oceania for an overall nicer experience.  Our choice for Millennium between Aqua and Suite total was 5150 total vs $8050.  I'll keep my $3K in the bank and "live like a simpleton" for 12 days.  I think I can endure.

We are booked on the 12 night Summit cruise from Boston to Ft. Lauderdale too. Since this is a repositioning Cruise, just wondering if you booked on board to get the two perks?

.... Ah, I finally found the cruise for sale on the website. Too bad it doesn’t include all cabin categories. 

Edited by C-Dragons

1 hour ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

Another reason to quit Blu after the Revolution, we'll have reached Elite by then anyways.  If the storage images are correct, we'll end up doing reposition cruises elsewhere.  Maybe on the 6 and 8 day Summit repos to and from San Juan, when Aqua is inexpensive, I'll just have to show up to Blu late.

You might consider MSC.  Their Yacht Club is reputed to be the cheapest suites enclave [therefore probably close to AQ in price] and once you reach Elite on X they will 'status match' you to Gold level in their loyalty program (with points to match so you start building toward Black, their top level).  I've been reading great things about it and have a YC suite booked for the fall.

On 1/10/2019 at 2:02 PM, DCT61 said:

When comparing the "present and future" stateroom photos, Its like watching THE WIZARD OF OZ...

Only, this time in reverse.  You transition from the world of color, into the boring, bleak, sepia-toned world.

Toto, I dont think we're on Celebrity anymore.

I have to agree. Has anyone looked up the color gray. Very cold, can even be depressing. Just what I want is to leave Seattle in winter to go on a cruise with grays, white and cream with a small splash of color. Lets not even get into keeping things clean. I had a white couch once. We will be on the Edge in March. We have cruises booked out into 2021 on Celebrity in Suite Class, but none are post Edgeified. Thinking of booking Alaska on Millie to check things out. We will check things out on Edge the 1st couple of days and decide if we will book Alaska. Friends are booking Princess for Feb 2020 cruising Western Mexico. Just might take another look at Princess.

2 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

You might consider MSC.  Their Yacht Club is reputed to be the cheapest suites enclave [therefore probably close to AQ in price] and once you reach Elite on X they will 'status match' you to Gold level in their loyalty program (with points to match so you start building toward Black, their top level).  I've been reading great things about it and have a YC suite booked for the fall.

I almost forgot, we're actually already Gold with MSC, through our Marriott Rewards program.  Might be something to consider, I like their 14 day Caribbean cruise.

7 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Really?  I thought I read somewhere that they only do the status match for your first cruise.

12 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Really?  I thought I read somewhere that they only do the status match for your first cruise.

They won't status match if you have already cruised on MSC.  But when they do the match they not only give you the status, they give you the points for the bottom of that status.  The cruise you then take will add to those points.  But the wrinkle with MSC is that you lose all your points (and status) if you don't cruise again within 3 years [this is true for all MSC points, not just status match points].

If these are changes to the Solsice class ships we will be cancelling our 2020 cruise on the Eclipse. I loved the current storage etc of this class ship, but no reason to stay with Celebrity now. I agree with previous post just change decor but leave the basic design alone.

I also agree that the prices for Edge class ships are rediculous.

8 minutes ago, realnice46 said:

If these are changes to the Solsice class ships we will be cancelling our 2020 cruise on the Eclipse. I loved the current storage etc of this class ship, but no reason to stay with Celebrity now. I agree with previous post just change decor but leave the basic design alone.

I also agree that the prices for Edge class ships are rediculous.

Eclipse won't be changed until the end of 2020, Solstice the end of 2021, and Reflection 2023.  We're hanging in there at least through then.

1 hour ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

Eclipse won't be changed until the end of 2020, Solstice the end of 2021, and Reflection 2023.  We're hanging in there at least through then.

Thanks for the update, makes me feel better for now. What about Equinox?

The previews look very dull. Boring. Most of the eight Celebrity cruises I have booked are pre-Edgeification. So I may never find out the good and bad before I switch to another line. But the biggest annoyance to me is that they keep flogging all of these world class designers who I have never heard of and could care less about. Am I supposed to swoon because Kelly Smith or whatshername was involved? Tell me instead that you found a designer who spends six months a year aboard Celebrity ships..

• Like 2

On 1/12/2019 at 6:44 AM, wrk2cruise said:

No, you have to cruise once every 3 years with them to retain the matched status 

Edited by little britain

6 hours ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

The previews look very dull. Boring. Most of the eight Celebrity cruises I have booked are pre-Edgeification. So I may never find out the good and bad before I switch to another line. But the biggest annoyance to me is that they keep flogging all of these world class designers who I have never heard of and could care less about. Am I supposed to swoon because Kelly Smith or whatshername was involved? Tell me instead that you found a designer who spends six months a year aboard Celebrity ships..

That would make sense! Who says they were world class other than X?

While this only relates to EDGE...

The biggest mystery to me is how the IV idea was put into place without  discovery of the Window open/ AC off in cabin issue;   as well as figuring out how hot the Veranda  could get with the bi folds closed...for those who actually close them..apparently inconvenient to do so with the current chairs?? 

The design stuff is personal taste but the IV  issue is more of a how could they have missed that???

Hope they think things through carefully  and test  ideas before doing the S and M Class ships..but plans are probably all set!

Edited by hcat