Different Cruise / Same Booking #

packedandready

I hope I can explain this...   We had a cruise booked for this april and had only purchased cruiseline insurance. We changed the cruise to april '20. Different ship, different date, different embarkation port...different everything. Because of pre-cruise hotel, airfare and cruise cost I'd like to purchase separate insurance. BUT...talking with Insure My Trip, it seems I won't be able to purchase insurance with the pre-existing waiver because the insurance wasn't purchased within 15 days of our original deposit on the first cruise. Anyone have any suggestions for companies that will allow that? 

I don't see a deposit date on my new invoice, just the date the booking was made (yesterday). I would just hate to spend that much on insurance and then everything be denied if by some way the booking # date came up.

1 hour ago, packedandready said:

I hope I can explain this...   We had a cruise booked for this april and had only purchased cruiseline insurance. We changed the cruise to april '20. Different ship, different date, different embarkation port...different everything. Because of pre-cruise hotel, airfare and cruise cost I'd like to purchase separate insurance. BUT...talking with Insure My Trip, it seems I won't be able to purchase insurance with the pre-existing waiver because the insurance wasn't purchased within 15 days of our original deposit on the first cruise. Anyone have any suggestions for companies that will allow that? 

I don't see a deposit date on my new invoice, just the date the booking was made (yesterday). I would just hate to spend that much on insurance and then everything be denied if by some way the booking # date came up.

The occasional time that we changed from one cruise to another, we made sure that it was handled with a "cancel the first and refund our money" and separately "make a new reservation and pay for it".

And that also got us two separate reservation numbers; no confusion about each or any relationship between the two.

GC

Look at CSA Freestyle or CSA Freestyle Lux.

May not be sold in your State, but CSA allows you to buy insurance that will waive pre-existing conditions up tp 24 hours before final payment date.

Read all benefits because there are minor differences between all policies. These small differences may be big in the long run. Depending on YOUR needs.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow that sucks.

I use an agent who has a policy that covers pre-existing conditions when purchased at final payment. It has made my life so much easier as I change my mind a lot.

I would think original deposit would be considered yesterday but I am not an expert by any means.