Unlimited Soda & More Package - Include Bottled Water?

SlwVegas

Hi all,

Does the unlimited soda and more package include bottled water? I have looked on their website and found little more than a basic description of what this package includes. Any further insight or menu options of what this package includes would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

No but you can pre-order cases of 12 - 500ml bottles of water delivered to your cabin for $6.90.  You may order as many cases as you desire.  We order enough for every port day for each of us as it is easier than carrying a water bottle.  They usually put one case in our cabin along with vouchers for other cases ordered.  We call room service to bring the other case(s) as needed.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SlwVegas said:

I have looked on their website and found little more than a basic description of what this package includes. 

Succinct description from the online Gifts and Services Catalog--which should also be in your Cruise Personalizer if you have a current booking:

Unlimited Soda & More Package    
Indulge yourself with this premium Unlimited Soda & More Package, entitling you to unlimited fountain soft drinks, plus mocktails, juices, and complimentary hot chocolate throughout your cruise. Price includes service charge. Package excludes room service, must be purchased for full length of voyage, cannot be shared, is non-transferable, and is non-refundable within 3 days of sailing.

No mention of bottled water, so not included. But before one takes umbrage at the omission, realize that the cost of the Soda and More ($7 + 15% gratuity pp/pd) plus adding a Coffee Card and a couple 12-packs of water per person on Princess adds up to far less than the $25 to $35 (+ often 18-20% gratuity) pp/pd that all-in non-alcoholic beverages run on other lines.

Edited by fishywood
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Almighty188 said:

My question on the package is can you only use it at the free dining venues or can you use it at Specialty Restaurants and bars assuming they offer the beverage that the package includes?

You can use in all restaurants.   However, they bring soda in dinky glasses and it takes a while for a refill.    So order two and ask for a refill when you’re done with the first.   

Thanks Cruising with Us and IndiTravler!  Does this also include Sparkling Water inside the Specialty restaurants?  When you are on the cruise, do they have something that reminds you what beverages are included in the package?  

Edited by Almighty188

35 minutes ago, Almighty188 said:

Thanks Cruising with Us and IndiTravler!  Does this also include Sparkling Water inside the Specialty restaurants?  When you are on the cruise, do they have something that reminds you what beverages are included in the package?  

Bottled sparkling water is not included. Fountain seltzer is included. As pointed out in restaurants and most bars you get the sodas in small drink glasses, not the large ones like you get by the pools. This is what is included.

Soda & More Package, entitling you to unlimited fountain soft drinks, plus mocktails, juices, and complimentary hot chocolate throughout your cruise. 

49 minutes ago, skynight said:

Bottled sparkling water is not included. Fountain seltzer is included. As pointed out in restaurants and most bars you get the sodas in small drink glasses, not the large ones like you get by the pools. This is what is included.

Soda & More Package, entitling you to unlimited fountain soft drinks, plus mocktails, juices, and complimentary hot chocolate throughout your cruise. 

Thanks! Do people who pay for soda's get the same small drink glasses?   One other question I had was if you were eating a meal in a specialty restaurant, do you actually need to let them know that you have the package since if you were having a meal in the specialty restaurant, won't they just charge the total bill being the cover charge including the covered beverage to your account or does the computer system automatically remove the charge for the covered beverage? 

Edited by Almighty188

12 minutes ago, Almighty188 said:

Thanks! Do people who pay for soda's get the same small drink glasses?   One other question I had was if you were eating a meal in a specialty restaurant, do you actually need to let them know that you have the package since if you were having a meal in the specialty restaurant, won't they just charge the total bill including the covered beverage to your account or does the computer system automatically remove the charge for the covered beverage?  

I believe if you order, say a coke, and don't have the package, they bring you a can of coke with a glass of ice. I assume the specialty restaurants do the same as the dining rooms and go to a bar and get a glass of soda for you when you show them your sticker upon ordering. I always buy the package and never saw a charge and then deleted charge for soda in a specialty restaurant when ordering.

5 minutes ago, mamaboss said:

I believe if you order, say a coke, and don't have the package, they bring you a can of coke with a glass of ice. I assume the specialty restaurants do the same as the dining rooms and go to a bar and get a glass of soda for you when you show them your sticker upon ordering. I always buy the package and never saw a charge and then deleted charge for soda in a specialty restaurant when ordering.

Interesting.  It has been too long since my first and only cruise on the Carnival Triumph in 2012 when I bought a drink, I don't remember if the coke came in a cup or in a can.  The reason I was asking is if you go to the bar or the regular free included dining, the only thing you can get charged for is the beverage if you didn't have the package but if you went to a specialty restaurant, you are obviously there to eat as well.  So if you have the package, there is a sticker on the card?  I kept thinking it was all electronic and there was nothing that you can physically show you had the package.

Edited by Almighty188

1 minute ago, Almighty188 said:

Interesting.  It has been too long since my first and only cruise on the Carnival Triumph in 2012 when I bought a drink, I don't remember if the coke came in a cup or in a can.  The reason I was asking is if you go to the bar or the regular free included dining, the only thing you can get charged for is the beverage if you didn't have the package but if you went to a specialty restaurant, you are obviously there to eat as well.  So if you have the package, there is a sticker on the card?  I kept thinking it was all electronic and there was nothing that you can physically show you had the package.

I didn't buy the package last year but every year prior. At that time there was a sticker on your card. Just show the waiter in specialty dining and he will bring you a soda.....no charges. If the system has changed since last year I'm sure someone will chime in. If you are on a medallion ship, Caribbean or Regal, I can't help. I have no clue how that works.

1 minute ago, Almighty188 said:

First of all, thanks for the replies.   Will be on the Grand Princess.  The only other question I have is for drinks, do you have to drink it there or can you take the drink with you?  

If by drink you mean soda or mocktail, yes take it anywhere you want. We usually get a mocktail on the way into the theater for example.

3 minutes ago, mamaboss said:

If by drink you mean soda or mocktail, yes take it anywhere you want. We usually get a mocktail on the way into the theater for example.

Yes, that's what I meant.  Basically drink as in any beverage that is either free or comes with the package.  

1 hour ago, vjblk said:

Last August on the Royal there was no more sticker on the card.  

The bartenders had to swipe the card.  Although one of the bartenders would occasionally not swipe the card.

I thought the purpose of the sticker was so they visibly see it so they don't give you a can and a cup of ice and gave it to you in a cup.

That was the purpose of the sticker.  But on the Royal they did away with the sticker and swiped the card to see that you had the soda package.  I mostly went to the same bar to get my diet coke and after awhile they knew I had the soda package. Most times they still swiped the card but sometimes would just give me my coke without swiping it. 

3 hours ago, Almighty188 said:

Thanks! Do people who pay for soda's get the same small drink glasses?   One other question I had was if you were eating a meal in a specialty restaurant, do you actually need to let them know that you have the package since if you were having a meal in the specialty restaurant, won't they just charge the total bill being the cover charge including the covered beverage to your account or does the computer system automatically remove the charge for the covered beverage? 

Yes, you have to let the waiter know and will probably require your cruise card or medallion. The waiter informs the bar so the bar does not charge your account. If your account does get charged then you can only straighten the issue out at passenger services.

When you order soda without the package you mostly get cans. The amount you get is fixed by the can size, 350ml I think. Current cost is $2.00 +15%/can. If you ask for a fountain soda, say at the pool bar, there are different prices for the different sizes. Most of the lounges only have the smaller glasses.

3 hours ago, vjblk said:

That was the purpose of the sticker.  But on the Royal they did away with the sticker and swiped the card to see that you had the soda package.  I mostly went to the same bar to get my diet coke and after awhile they knew I had the soda package. Most times they still swiped the card but sometimes would just give me my coke without swiping it. 

I guess they are doing it another way, first they check if you have the Soda package by swiping the card and then decide what to give you or basically similar to pre-payment.  I thought in general, the sticker was supposed to help them save time since if they saw the sticker then they know you have the package without having to do the verification step.