Litread

Litread

We are on the Fortuna out of Singapore on 2/19/19. My question, however, is we are flying in early and will arrive at 5 am several days before departure. I feel we need to get a hotel right away, but my sister says wait until the 3 pm check-in. Has anyone had this experience? What do you do with an early arrival when you are very jet-lagged?

Not quite been in the situation but prepare yourself for a long wait to get through the passport control in Singapore. Both at the airport and the port. They are very thorough and take ages.

See if your hotel has shower facilities you can use when you arrive. Drop off your cases, have a shower if you can and go find somewhere to have breakfast and keep going till check in time. 

We have done this itinerary last year on the Victoria. We also had a few days before the cruise and had an amazing time. The ports are also fantastic. We were actually considering doing it again but decided to do one in South America instead because it is later in February.

Have a wonderful time and if I can help please shout.

Riana

Hotels in Singapore centre are fairly expensive we have stayed in the Park Hotel Alexandra several times & they were very helpful. As Riana has said even though you arrive about 5am do not expect to get through customs and into centre much before 8/9am.

Your best bet is to email a few hotels & ask them explaining why you need the room sooner, I think you will find if they have rooms free they will be accommodating.