Cruise Critic Community

We are cruising without FTTF for the first time so we have to honor our check in time.  How are check in times regulated or enforced.  Galveston Terminal.  Are you not allowed in building.  Is there a waiting area, holding area? Is there a sign that indicates which times are ready or is it just by "the clock on the wall".   If my check in time is 12:30 and i walk up there at 12:25 what happens? (generally i am habitually early but if it won't do any good then i need to be prepared for that) Since we have used FTTF in the past i never really noticed what others were doing?

In my limited observation of personal experience and reading stuff here:

It varies based on port, day of the week, time of ship arrival into port and debarkation efficiency of those pax, mood of port staff, and sheer luck.  :classic_ohmy:

If you arrive very early and there is hardly any line-up, they will possibly just let you through - there would that many fewer people to deal with later.  Or they may decide to "stick to the rules" and tell you to go away.  Or they may put you into the "early/late" line, which can go about as fast a the regular line, or be a lot slower.

We've arrive at the port about 5 minutes early and just sailed on through check-in, no waiting in the waiting area, and onto the ship.  We've arrived 15 min early and been put into the late/early line, sailed through check-in anyway, and had to wait because the debarkation of previous pax was slow/late.  We've arrived right in our window, sailed through check-in, and again had to wait due to delayed debarkation.  In both cases where we had to wait in the waiting area and "board by zone" it was obvious a lot of other folks had arrived early and already processed through Check-in, so we were well behind where we probably should have been, boarding zone-wise.

That being said:  If your check-in time is 12:30 and you arrive at 12:25, I would bet you will sail right on through with no delays, because by then the majority of pax are already on board.

Unless delayed by fog.

Or CBP being twits.

Or...

:classic_biggrin: