Millennium Revolution -

Jim_Iain

1 minute ago, hvbaskey said:

Our favourite suite on the M-class as well.  Those windows!!!  and sunsets ... our best deal was a Celebrity Suite, Israel 12-night cruise.  $4000 CAD (~ $3000 USD) for the CABIN.  With all four perks and that Suite, Celebrity paid us to cruise - LOL!

DSC_2120-L.jpg

Was it when they were virtually giving away the cabins in Europe a few years ago? I remember HostJazz getting a fabulous deal too. We would have upgraded to the PH if there had been a separate bedroom for our kids (couldn’t stand to see them on a bed settee for 12 nights instead of in a proper bed). Many pax got really good offers that year.

29 minutes ago, ScubaDo said:

We have a Celebrity suite March 30 on Summit, but I hope we see pictures before then. If not, I will post some.

Look forward.   I am really surprised that we aren't seeing more pictures from Millennium.   Maybe after the cruise ends and people have access to free internet.

39 minutes ago, villauk said:

Was it when they were virtually giving away the cabins in Europe a few years ago? I remember HostJazz getting a fabulous deal too. We would have upgraded to the PH if there had been a separate bedroom for our kids (couldn’t stand to see them on a bed settee for 12 nights instead of in a proper bed). Many pax got really good offers that year.

Yes - we had a great deal on a PH in May 2016 and then this CS in October 2016.  The CS was the *best* deal ever for us.  I do know that Celebrity had a tough time with inventory for the October Israel cruise.  It was the first time back since they stopped going (security reasons).  Those that did book had unbelievable pricing for the 12 night run.  We were of course, perfectly fine (security wise), as we thought we would be.  From those two successful sailings that October, people realized it was safe to go and the prices have sky rocketed since for that exact same itinerary.   “Timing is Everything” !!!

39 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Look forward.   I am really surprised that we aren't seeing more pictures from Millennium.   Maybe after the cruise ends and people have access to free internet.

We were on the Millennium Asian Immersion cruise a couple of years ago.  It could be the overall demographics on board at this time.  We found our roll call “extremely quiet” and very few participants, as compared for example - itineraries within the Caribbean.  That is, what I’m trying to say (LOL!  not getting there fast) is that the people on board might be (a) really busy with the destination-intensive itinerary and do not have time to post or (b) are not involved in public forums, such as Cruise Critic and simply not posting.

I am anxiously awaiting reviews for the new AQ cabins on Deck 10 and *hoping* that reviews come in to Cruise Critic - but not holding my breath either (The M-Class Cabin Review Spreadsheet is not very active to begin with).

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, hvbaskey said:

We were on the Millennium Asian Immersion cruise a couple of years ago.  It could be the overall demographics on board at this time.  We found our roll call “extremely quiet” and very few participants, 

Quality over quantity, though 😅

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ScubaDo said:

We have a Celebrity suite March 30 on Summit, but I hope we see pictures before then. If not, I will post some.

Loved the CS on Summit. We are actually booked in a CS on Equinox for October. Can't wait to see what it looks like after the Revolution! :classic_biggrin:

13 hours ago, [g]cruiserke said:

This picture gives part of the answer, it shows the before and after port side of the Millennium, where both of the locker rooms are now located. Those two porthole windows are gone but new windows were added further forward. 

Screenshot_20190213-084317__01.jpg

Looking at the latest deck plans, where the two circle windows were, is where the new locker rooms are. The additional windows forward of that are new treatment rooms.  Really keen to know if there is still a sauna (no fee) as the other photos posted appear to be in the Persian Garden.

• Thanks 1

On 2/13/2019 at 5:09 AM, MartinsCruise said:

The shower doesn't look like one in Aqua and I don't see any foot stools.  Is it possible that these are pictures of a regular veranda?

This is my room and pics I took myself. It is the new aqua class room on deck 10

• Like 3

On 2/12/2019 at 5:29 AM, MartinsCruise said:

We have 1138 booked for two weeks on the Summit in November so if you're able to post some pictures, I would really appreciate it.  I'm disappointed that they removed the awning over the Sunset Bar mostly because it was my favorite place to eat if we could sit in the shade but also it seems to decrease the amount of privacy on the verandas on deck 11.

It’s deffo open and is great

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pugmadlad said:

This is my room and pics I took myself. It is the new aqua class room on deck 10

Thank you for checking back in.  You had posted some pics on debarkation day and I thought you would follow up.  It is YOUR vacation and I hope you are enjoying it.  Anything you can share would be greatly appreciated, but we can also wait until you get home.  ENJOY!

I’m so excited about the changes!  I haven’t been on Millennium since 2001.  Particularly pleased to see the new Aqua cabins on deck 10 since we are booked in cabin 9000 for Christmas/New Year this year. I was slightly worried that we might experience noise from the Gym above us but now it’s a cabin, yay!

im slightly disappointed that they have removed the Library though seems a shame to take that away and only gain 4 cabins. Oh well, I’m sure I’ll be thrilled with all the other changes. 

1 hour ago, pugmadlad said:

This is one of the newly added Aquaclass rooms on deck 10

4286C2FE-EB16-4F7B-8E23-98EF606CCAAF.jpeg

886F2650-725C-42D6-9515-80D9236CB074.jpeg

95F8CB66-AC71-4106-A53B-3A0E18127564.jpeg

DD54CD1B-A0D0-4F23-874C-8C347165E98D.jpeg

240EEFA1-3899-46FE-9085-2594D3B6767A.jpeg

43F17C28-7D9D-444F-B1AC-636F54FDA0F6.jpeg

0D1A46C4-FC7A-412C-B20C-C7578F0E14D2.jpeg

52C1B59C-E177-41CD-BCB9-B05A2EA0C328.jpeg

Are these cabins smaller than the old CC and AQ cabins?  Looking at that chair vs sofa it sure seems to be and the shower is quite different from past AQ baths.

Thanks

15 minutes ago, Oville said:

Are these cabins smaller than the old CC and AQ cabins?  Looking at that chair vs sofa it sure seems to be and the shower is quite different from past AQ baths.

Thanks

I think the reason for the smaller chair is due to the larger bed. If the beds are separated you need enough space for the nightstand to between the beds, so one bed will be shifted closer to the balcony. A larger chair or loveseat won't allow enough space to do that. 

30 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I think the reason for the smaller chair is due to the larger bed. If the beds are separated you need enough space for the nightstand to between the beds, so one bed will be shifted closer to the balcony. A larger chair or loveseat won't allow enough space to do that. 

Not sure I agree about the bed, we have always felt the “queen bed” on X was closer to a king than a queen or somewhere in between..  What about the takeaway in the shower? 

Edited by Oville
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Oville said:

Not sure I agree about the bed, we have always felt the “queen bed” on X was closer to a king than a queen or somewhere in between..  What about the takeaway in the shower?  If this is the new standard AQ on M class we will need to rethink our future 10 day Newport RI, Charleston SC and Bermuda cruise.  Not sure we want to spend well over $10,000 for an SS.

Didn't the revolution refurb also include beds that are larger than the ones currently on the fleet except for the Edge? Or is that not the case? 

Edited by kwokpot

4 hours ago, pugmadlad said:

How do you like the location of these new rooms?

Is there any noise coming through from the Cosmos lounge above? Are the first of the new Aqua cabins located immediately in the elevator area and therefore less private? And can you access the fitness Center from the back of the stateroom corridor as implied on the new deck plans? 

Sorry, don't mean to overwhelm you with all these questions but we and two of our Cruisecritic.com friends have cabins booked in this new area and we've been starved for information on whether we made a good choice booking these new A1s. 

Enjoy your cruise! 

4 hours ago, crzfanatic said:

I’m so excited about the changes!  I haven’t been on Millennium since 2001.  Particularly pleased to see the new Aqua cabins on deck 10 since we are booked in cabin 9000 for Christmas/New Year this year. I was slightly worried that we might experience noise from the Gym above us but now it’s a cabin, yay!

im slightly disappointed that they have removed the Library though seems a shame to take that away and only gain 4 cabins. Oh well, I’m sure I’ll be thrilled with all the other changes. 

My concern isn’t the gym on deck 10 it’s the night music from Cosmos. Heard it late last night

1 hour ago, [g]cruiserke said:

How do you like the location of these new rooms?

Is there any noise coming through from the Cosmos lounge above? Are the first of the new Aqua cabins located immediately in the elevator area and therefore less private? And can you access the fitness Center from the back of the stateroom corridor as implied on the new deck plans? 

Sorry, don't mean to overwhelm you with all these questions but we and two of our Cruisecritic.com friends have cabins booked in this new area and we've been starved for information on whether we made a good choice booking these new A1s. 

Enjoy your cruise! 

Yes noise from cosmos is a massive issue. I heard music well into night last night. Balcony very small and narrow. You can access gym from the corridor however it’s not supposed to be used. I am towards front so not near elevators. However I wouldn’t be concerned regarding noise from there..it’s the awful night noise from cosmos 😕 having said that the new rooms are stunning 

Edited by pugmadlad
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, pugmadlad said:

Yes noise from cosmos is a massive issue. I heard music well into night last night. Balcony very small and narrow. You can access gym from the corridor however it’s not supposed to be used. I am towards front so not near elevators. However I wouldn’t be concerned regarding noise from there..it’s the awful night noise from cosmos 😕 having said that the new rooms are stunning 

Thank you taking time out of your well-earned vacation to reply! 

That's a concern, the noise disturbance from Cosmos. We deliberately chose a cabin which is under the entrance to the lounge instead of the main part (1012 and 1016) so perhaps those will be less impacted.... 

Screenshot_20190208-215457__01.jpg

Edited by [g]cruiserke

34 minutes ago, [g]cruiserke said:

Thank you taking time out of your well-earned vacation to reply! 

That's a concern, the noise disturbance from Cosmos. We deliberately chose a cabin which is under the entrance to the lounge instead of the main part (1012 and 1016) so perhaps those will be less impacted.... 

Screenshot_20190208-215457__01.jpg

Here are your rooms. I seen your message as I was getting back on 

2EF83B7E-08B5-4E4F-899B-E4DF35C438C3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/12/2019 at 5:54 PM, Olive1950 said:

Roll your clothes in a bath towel for an hour, to remove the moisture.  They will dry much faster.  Just sayin'....

I'm guessing you don't realize that you've selected a font that can't be read on most mobile devices.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3